We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco in hand luggage

Chiclana de la...
1 post
Save Topic
Tobacco in hand luggage

I live in Spain, near Gibraltar, and would like to know if the tobacco I bought in Gibraltar can be carried in my hand luggage. I am leaving from Malaga so am hoping it will be o.k. Thank you.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,833 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tobacco in hand luggage

As far as I know there is no restriction on tobacco in hand luggage although you will need to comply with any Customs rules at your undisclosed destination country.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,152 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tobacco in hand luggage

Is it explosive tobacco then? Why would you not be able to carry tobacco?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tobacco in hand luggage

Just don't smoke it or chew it, and you'll be fine as far as the airline cares. Customs on the other end may be a problem, though. Chuck.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,560 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tobacco in hand luggage

I often bring cigars from the UK in my carry-on luggage, and declare them, at US Customs, with no issues, so far.

Hunt

5. Re: Tobacco in hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:19