We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

Please tell me that I am not the only person who has been treated badly by Wizz Air

Firstly charged £22.00 for a boarding pass that I had already checked in on line and i had on APP ! which they did not accept , to be told by the most miserable Manager on earth or probably 'Luton' '' You have to pay £22.00 '' not even a explanation or looking up after telling another couple to move on ( allegedly) ! . I have complained and I urge you all to do this !! I wrote my complaint on there 'Complaint ' section i pressed send and received an automatic reply ; '' Thank you for complaining this email is to tell you we will not respond '' !!!!!!! Eventually after other emails to 'CEO'S etc I did get another reply ' 'cut and pasted' from their policy oh and the person from 'Wizz actually stating ' We charged you £22.00 for a piece of paper because !! please look on our website for terms and conditions ......

Now have I ever wrote a complaint ' NO ' did I expect a refund ' Maybe ' did WIZZ in all my emails actually mentioned the rudest Manager in the World ! 'NO ' ......Look out everyone 'Wizz' must have a massive complaint ratio ( allegedly! ) I will tell you now 'Budget ' flying means budget service , means pay a little more for peace of mind ........yours ' Now a BA 'customer ....

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

Douglas, I did not correct anyone because quite frankly I did not understand the op, it's so poorly written. Hence my post. However one of the first sentences states there is an app.

The fact he had it on app is not the full story, he has to state that he had either downloaded and saved it or he was wifi connected and could connect in and show it on the app. Simply having it on the app is not enough when at the airport. There is another step to be able to show it,,,,either save it or wifi connect and show it.

At this stage that post is so badly written we can only make assumptions,,he showed it, he didn't show it, none of us know, because he has not told us.

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,946 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

Unclegus & Froggy... I like your work....first time poster, disjointed rant, persecution complex.. It all adds up to the same thing....

I presume that the other pax booked on the flight managed to work out what they needed to do, and complied with the requirements, having checked the box to say they understood and agreed to be bound by the T's and C's....

Sorry, not much sympathy from me, but I hope the OP manages to read and understand BA's terms and conditions for his future travels...

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

So you didn't know there was an app.

Of course weer know. He used the app to check in. For some reason, his own error or more likely because the contract staff at Luton have not been properly trained, the agent wouldn't accept the BP. It seems pretty clear to me.

But even if it's not, what is undeniably true is that Wizzair no longer requires you to print your BP as other posters claimed. But to know that, you need to know about the app. So knowing that I posted a helpful reply clarifying that it is no longer necessary to have a paper BP - something I would have expected anyone who knew about the app to do to correct the incorrect replies - whether or not they understood the OP.

Mondial the app is very new and I doubt many people use it. But having offered the service Wizzair should ensure that ask their staff including contracted are aware that it is an acceptable way to present a BP.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 19:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

Douglas, I knew there was an app, he told us there is an app, it's one of the first things he says. how is that difficult to understand?

The fact there is an app is totally and utterly irrelevant unless he has saved his pass to his mobile device or been able to connect in and show it, neither of which he has stated he had done. The fact it was on the app as a stand alone fact is not relevant unless he follows it up with " which I then downloaded and saved and showed the manager" or " and I connected and showed the manager" . No manager can accept the ops word for it that the pass is on the app, and wizzair clearly state it has to be either connected and shown or downloaded, saved and shown, just having it on there is not enough.

As such, he may well have had to pay to print if he had done neither, which is wholly possible. We don't know, the rant is not comprehensible and it's not concise, it does not tell us what needs to be told.

There is a very good chance that the op had it on the app, was unable to show it, it had to be printed and he was charged accordingly. Or the staff screwed up. We simply don't know.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

LOL. But you said you didn't understand what he said. ;-)

But really. Luton has wifi. If he hadn't done it properly the first time he could have logged on and downloaded it there and then.

The fact remains that until I intervened everyone was saying you have to have a paper BP and no one corrected that, something I would have expected someone who knew you could present the BP on an app to do rather than just attacking the OP for his poor English.

26. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 19:27
27. Re: Wizz Air .......there's nothing Wizz about there service ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:19