We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring from Schengen to Schengen at Oslo Airport?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Transferring from Schengen to Schengen at Oslo Airport?

I will be back from Reykjavik to Bangkok via Oslo and Helsinki. I will fly with Icelandair and Finnair codeshare flight on the same ticket so I can check through my baggage.

I've time in Helsinki 1.30 hour so it's enough. But....

Is 55 min. at Oslo difficult?? I've heard that transfer from int'l flight to domestic flight is very terrible.

Thank you!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,056 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring from Schengen to Schengen at Oslo Airport?

If you are flying Reyjavik-Oslo-Helsinki-Bangkok, the only journey that would be regarded as international would be Helsinki-Bangkok. The other journeys are all domestic within the Schengen area.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring from Schengen to Schengen at Oslo Airport?

As Norway is not an EU member the Helsinki flight is very much international.

But as it's within the Schengen area there are no passport or security checks at Oslo airport. Int-Int transfers are very easy. Just follow the signs fot Int Transfer, down a flight of stair and you're in the International departure hall.

3. Re: Transferring from Schengen to Schengen at Oslo Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18