We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet hand luggage

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet hand luggage

Please clarify for me I look on the easyjet site but I found it unclear.

If I don't pay for luggage I take one piece 50 x40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, and that is free of charge!!

but then it say "You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold." my question is are they charging you if that is the case??

ALSO There’s no weight constriction for cabin baggage??

Thank you

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,974 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

If your carry on is within the largest dimensions, and they check it into the hold it's done free of charge. If it's over those dimensions you would have to pay.

There is no weight limit, but you have to be able to lift it into the overhead lockers yourself.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

My understanding is you can take one bag, if it's the smaller size stated, it goes in the cabin, if you chance it with the bigger bag size mentioned, it may go in the hold, but no they won't charge you. If it's above the bigger size stated, yes they will charge and it will absolutely go in the hold.

As most flights are busy, odds are it will go in the hold, if it does, make sure to take your valuables out before handing it over.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

thank you

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,927 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

<As most flights are busy, odds are it will go in the hold>

I've flown on several more-or-less full flights with the maximum baggage size without having to put it in the hold. My impression is that cabin baggage may not be any more likely to be put in the hold than it was before these new regulations were introduced - it's just that passengers can't argue about it any more. as some used to do with vehemence.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,536 posts
1,012 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

Depending on the aircraft, the number of bags, and their sizes (within the limits) ahead of you, your bag might need to be "gate-checked," i.e. tagged, and deposited (exact location will depend on aircraft, airline and airport) to be packed into the baggage area of the plane. Those go on last, and come off first, so that you can pick it up (again, exact location depends on the same criteria, as above for depositing), as soon as you deplane. I have never encountered an airlines, that charge for gate-checked bags.

Do pay special attention to the "including wheels and handles" part, as many baggage mfgrs. do NOT list those, when giving dimensions.

Fly safely,

Hunt

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,077 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

< I have never encountered an airlines, that charge for gate-checked bags. >

Ryanair when they discover your hand luggage is above their limits

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

One point - while in the US gate-checked bags are returned on leaving the aircraft, in Europe they will always end up going through the same unloading system as checked hold baggage and come out on the carousel in the baggage reclaim area. Worth mentioning if there are fragile items in the bag...

Edited: 31 January 2014, 08:29
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

Another thing to remember is that you should put a label on your cabin bag just in case it goes down into the hold. If someone has a similar bag to yours and no label on it you could end up with someone taking your bag by mistake!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,077 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

If your hand luggage does get gate checked take out all of your valuables & essentials first

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet hand luggage

thank you all