We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13hrs New York layover

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
13hrs New York layover

I'm flying to Rio in a few weeks with a connecting flight at JFK. I arrive at JFK 7am from LAX and depart at 8pm (tam airlines). I really want to check out time square and ground zero, is this possible?

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,284 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13hrs New York layover

Possible as long as you ensure you give yourself enough time to get back to the airport to clear security - see link for public transportation from/to JFK.

Allowing 1 hour for the trip each way and 2 hours to clear airport security would give you around 9 hours in NYC assuming your flights are on a single ticket.

panynj.gov/airports/jfk-public-transportatio…

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 13hrs New York layover

Yea it is a single ticket. Thanks

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13hrs New York layover

it is Times Square [after the new york times]. and new yorkers are sensitive about the term 'ground zero'; they prefer 'the world trade centre memorial site', for obvious reasons.

the memorial site operates on timed tickets. book your slot in advance, online.

http://www.911memorial.org/visitor-passes

it is possible to just walk up, but you may not be able to get a pass at the time you need. advance bookings carry a $2 fee.

4. Re: 13hrs New York layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:21