We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

Tunis, Tunisia
2 posts
Save Topic
Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

I want to book electronic plane ticket from Manila to Tunis using Riyadh as a transit. This flight is with Saudi Airlines.

I've noticed that there's no single ticket (by saying ticket I mean ticket not plane) from manila to Tunis so I have to buy 2 separated flight :

from Manila to Riyadh then I'll stop in Riyadh for about 8 hours then from Riyadh to Tunis, both Saudi Airlines

Now is there any possibility to combine those two tickets into one? First of all it would like that someone would just transfer my baggage from the first flight to the second flight. Do I need to claim my baggage at riyadh manually to transfer it to the other flight ?

Thank you

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

Try doing a multicity search and see if you can get this on one ticket.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

Why do you say there is 'no single ticket?'

These are a sample of Saudia's roundtrip and oneway fares. If you cannot find these fares online, I would recommend you speak to a local travel agent.

VRTSVR Round-Trip 782.00(USD)

XRTSVR Round-Trip 878.00(USD)

TRTSVR Round-Trip 971.00(USD)

QRTSVR Round-Trip 1068.00(USD)

LRTSVR Round-Trip 1137.00(USD)

VOWSVR One-Way 508.00(USD)

XOWSVR One-Way 570.00(USD)

TOWSVR One-Way 631.00(USD)

QOWSVR One-Way 694.00(USD)

LOWSVR One-Way 739.00(USD)

Will still need to add on surcharges and taxes to those figures.

Perhaps 2 oneway tickets works out to be cheaper? If this is the case, I would advise that you speak with Saudia to ensure that they will check your bags all the way to Tunis. For most nationalities, Riyadh is not the ideal place to clear immigration in order to pick up your bags and check in for the onward flight.

Hopefully you are aware of the risk of purchasing separate tickets. Again, if you misconnect and Saudia say 'not their problem,' Riyadh is not the ideal place to sort things out.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

If you are a Tunisian or Filipino national traveling on separate tickets via Riyadh you will also need a Saudi visa.

Tunis, Tunisia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

why would I need saudi visa, it's just transit

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

For transit, you are right that you do not usually need a Saudi visa. However, because you are thinking about travelling on separate tickets you would not have the same guarantees that a passenger usually has when travelling on 1 ticket.

If your flight to Riyadh is delayed and you miss the connection, Saudia do not have to help you. You would be stuck in limbo and there is a limit of as to how long you can stay in transit in Saudi Arabia for most nationalities. This is why you must check with Saudia what their policies and practices are with passengers who travel on separate tickets.

Finally, just check your overall itinerary. I cannot see that Saudia operate a flight between Riyadh - Tunis. They only seem to fly from Jeddah. If your itinerary would have you doing a domestic flight between Riyadh - Jeddah, then you definitiely would need a Saudi visa.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

"why would I need saudi visa, it's just transit"

If you have separate tickets it's not just transit, even if the tickets are on the same airline. Riyadh would be the final destination of ticket A, and so when you check in at MNL the airline will check your entry clearance for Riyadh (Saudi Arabia). They may let you through, but it would be at the sole discretion of the check in agent and I would not risk it.

Pinkaardvark is correct too, in that Saudia don't serve Tunis from Riyadh. But it looks like they also operate Manila-Jeddah. But you may still not be allowed boarding unless you have entry clearance for Saudi Arabia, which is a visa.

7. Re: Can I combine 2 different flight tickets from same company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18