We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Hi all air travel experts and addicts

I am about to book 2 flights starting at Venice airport , arriving at CDG Paris at 245pm with air France . The connecting flight to Singapore leaves at 1935 same day or 5 hours later. It is also Air France.

My questions are: can I checkin in Venice right thru to Singapore? So I don't need to worry about luggage. And is 5 hrs transit reasonable ? I believe I arrive at CDG terminal 2f and leave terminal 2 e.

Thanks I'm advance

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

If the two flights are on one ticket, the luggage will certainly be checked through. If on two tickets, you could probably get it checked through. Look to see if there is a "multi-city" option on the Air France web site to allow you to book on one ticket.

Even if your luggage is checked through, you will go through Passport Control at CDG.

Five hours should be more than enough time.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Thanks sydneynick, do you know if I will have to go thru immigration and customs on arrival into CDG then again as I proceed to the departure gate ?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

ET59 when you check in for your trip home as Nick has said not go through Passport control until after you arrive in Paris. This is because Italy and France are both signatories to the Schengen Convention.

www.axa-schengen.com/en/schengen-countries

This means you only go through one common entry and exit, in the first and last of the member countries you travel through. So a flight between Venice and Paris has no immigration control.

On arrival in Paris you will go through Passport control As to security it depends on CDG and whether you stay in or out of the secure area- I can't answer that one specifically.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

On arrival in Paris you will go through Passport control

----------------------------

Not true. You go through passport control on departure, i.e. exiting Schengen.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Thanks both kameka and hans

That explains why on the CDG website, when transferring from 2f to 2e there is only one immigration control. I'd forgotten entirely about the Euro zone / Schengen Agreement.

So 5 hrs transit is fine

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Sorry Hans if my semantics were confusing. I meant - she will through Passport control after she arrives in Paris, as she is getting ready to leave Paris as that is where she is leaving the Schengen area.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

Sorry ET59 for labelling you a female :-) Yes 5 hours is more than enough.

My best analogy for you is it is a bit like a Qantas domestic to Qantas international connection that people will take from say Hobart to Sydney to OS. Or in my case Brisbane to Sydney to connect with an International flight. If it is the same airline, as in your case everything will be booked through to Singapore and you should even get both boarding passes at Venice check-in.

Are you by any chance continuing directly to Melbourne?

Edited: 02 February 2014, 08:50
Melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

No problems with the gender !

No we are breaking the flight in Singapore before connecting thru to Melbourne

9. Re: Venice-CDG-Singapore : checkin right thru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:19