We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Faulty Seat

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
BA Faulty Seat

Anyone had a faulty non reclining seat on BA night flight - what was the outcome on complaining

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Faulty Seat

From what I've read, usually 10k Avios.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,550 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Faulty Seat

avios

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,807 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Faulty Seat

What would you expect the outcome to be?

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Faulty Seat

Many (many!) years ago I was on an internal Russian flight when my seat collapsed. Quick response by flight crew with a ball of string soon had me sitting upright again. All this while other members of the crew fried chicken on open camping stoves in the 'galley'.

Something we still laugh about some 30 years years later.

I think my little anecdote gives others a smile, will yours when you tell them, 'I complained, so they gave me a bottle of champagne'?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
50,944 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Faulty Seat

I suspect the outcome for someone else may have been influenced by what they said in their complaint.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Faulty Seat

Which class of travel was your non-reclining seat in? I've received a lot more than 10K Avios for a faulty seat, many multiples thereof.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Faulty Seat

Our first flight had a wet seat and when we complained were given a plastic bag and told to make the most of it :-((

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,251 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Faulty Seat

I'd never know if my seat reclined or not. I have no problem sleeping with the seat in its upright position and I wish others were the same.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Faulty Seat

I'd never know if my seat reclined or not. I have no problem sleeping with the seat in its upright position and I wish others were the same.

That'd hardly the point. The seat is designed to recline and for many is an important comfort consideration.

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA Faulty Seat

>>Our first flight had a wet seat and when we complained were given a plastic bag and told to make the most of it :-((<<

Wow, that's doubly faulty and foul. Double Avios for you!