We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Hi All,

Can't tell you how excited we are at running away from this endless rain and horrible wind! It was really miserable out today! Fingers crossed for better weather in CT,

On to the question. Has anyone flown on EJ recently who can shed some light on their increasingly stingy bag allowances?

"And now you can. Our new cabin bag guarantee means you can make sure your bag travels with you in the cabin, even on the busiest flights.

To take advantage of the guarantee, simply bring ONE slightly smaller bag no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels and we’ll guarantee it will travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold. Remember that infants sitting on an adult’s lap don’t have a cabin baggage allowance."

Does this mean - if we opt for the bigger size, that the bag will likely to be put in the hold AND charged?

Also does this one bag allowance mean I can't take my handbag with me?

TIA x

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,974 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

If you opt for the bigger bag, it may go in the hold, but providing it is within the max size allowed there is no charge. If it's bigger than max size, then yes, they will charge.

One piece only, so your hand luggage will have to go in your carry on.

Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

One piece so handbag needs to go inside. We have flown several times with Easyjet since they changed their policy and our hand luggage is exactly the right size of the larger size and we have always been able to take it on as hand luggage. They are just edging their bets, not everyone has the max size, but they are giving themselves the option to move some of the bags to the hold if everyone did have the max size. Last weeks flight was full, but we still had no problems.

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

That sounds about right then. Didn't want to be slapped with bill for putting the bag in the hold. It happened on a Monarch flight where they tried to get everyone to put their hand luggage in the hold for free. Next thing you know they'll only let you take a backpack as cabin luggage!

Wooo hoo! This time tomorrow we'll be in CT !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Can anyone help me?

I've just brought one of these pull along suitcases to go into the cabin as it will have my medication and anything my family needs for the travel (books, pens pencil etc..)

I've just looked on Easyjets site and my bag is 52x37x23cm meaning it's slightly bigger than the bag that will defiantly get in the cabin, it is however smaller than the maximum.

I'm wondering whether as it's smaller than the max I would be able to get it in the hold without any problems? Obviously it's got my medication in it so would that be a valid reason? I've got the card that the bag came with with all the measurements on it incase of a query.

It's probebly very simple to answer but I want to make sure before I take it to the airport and it goes in the hold.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,692 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Where is CT?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,077 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

< I've got the card that the bag came with with all the measurements on it incase of a query. >

Means nothing - try a tape measure instead

< I'm wondering whether as it's smaller than the max I would be able to get it in the hold without any problems? Obviously it's got my medication in it so would that be a valid reason? >

A valid reason for putting it IN the Hold?????

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Louise, put your meds in a small bag within your luggage in an easy to reach place so you can whip it out quickly should you need to hand your bag over.

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

A valid reason for putting it IN the Hold?????

I need the medication with me at all time so the bag needs to be in the cabin

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Louise, I took my cabin bag (which is just within the larger size allowed) and I was allowed to take it into the cabin with me when we flew last September, so you shouldn't have a problem with your bag. However, if you do, then just do as Mr Marcoos suggests and put your meds etc into a carrier bag and take it out if they insist on putting your bag into the hold.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,974 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet - Cabin Baggage

Sorry but your post doesn't make sense. Why would you want to be able to get in the hold without problems, and then say it needs to go in the cabin?

Whether it can go in the cabin depends on how full the flight is, and how much carry on luggage there is.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 19:21