We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Hi all,

I will be travelling via Air China from Singapore to JFK with a connecting flight in Beijing. And I understand from Air China's official website that economy passengers can only bring 1 carry-on baggage not exceeding the maximum dimensions of 55 cm (long) x 40 cm (wide) x 20 cm (high), and weighing no more than 5 kg. As I always travel with only a carry on baggage (definitely weighting not more than 5kg and within the above mentioned baggage size), and a small ladies handbag to put my tablet, a book and my travel documents, I am concerned about my small ladies handbag.

Does anyone have any experiences with travelling with Air China and bringing a carry on baggage together with a laptop bag or small handbag?

Your answers will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance =)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

economy passengers can only bring 1 carry-on baggage not exceeding the maximum dimensions of 55 cm (long) x 40 cm (wide) x 20 cm (high), and weighing no more than 5 kg.

=================

Not flown with them and I don't own a handbag, however if these are the rules then you should stick to them or run the risk.... However much you look at the rules they still do not say, 'and an additional bag'. I guess you will have to make room for your handbag in your carry on luggage.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Hi MrMarcoos, thank you for your reply. It is good to know that you do not own a handbag. And yes, it is true that however much I look at the rules, there is no additional line that states 'and an additional bag'. I am here to ask for people's experiences with travelling with Air China, and their replies would be much appreciated. Always good to learn and know about the encounters of other fellow travellers Thank you once again. =)

London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

MrMarcoos is spot on. It's a very easy problem to solve- take your handbag, just make sure you have room to put it into your other bag if you're asked to!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,804 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Ana--it doesn't matter if 100 people come on and say they brought a second bag and Air China had no problems. If the rules do not say you can, Air China is within their right to decide when they look at you, that the second bag is not allowed.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

Thank you.

7. Re: Can I bring a carry-on baggage & a small handbag on airchina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 06:20