We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

I am looking at a flight from Paris to Dublin on June 28 this year. The cost is US$115 on Aer Lingus. If I fly on Ryan Air from Beauvais instead of Paris, however, the ticket cost is only $83.

Is it worth it to fly out of BVA in order to save that $32? I'm thinking no, but I wanted to get some opinions just to make sure.

Thanks!

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

Well, $32 is $32 - but I wouldn't choose to fly from Beauvais simply to save that amount. The negatives - much further to travel, an earlier start for an earlier flight - would outweigh the benefits for me. In the grand scheme of the cost of a trip to Europe, it's not a lot of money.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

Good points! Yeah, you're right about the extra time it would take... and having to go that far would also increase the chance of something going wrong, like being stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the airport or something. I think I'll just stick to Paris and not consider any other airport. Thanks for your help!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

The extra 32 is well worth it as flying on Aer Lingus is far more enjoyable than on Ryanair, and Beauvais is a long long bus ride from Paris.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

Does that $83 include luggage ? If not that will wipe out the $32 and more anyway.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,530 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

The Bus to Beuavais leaves from Port Mallot near the Arc de Triumph at 0605 in the morning. If you miss it you are screwed. Not sure what time public transport starts in Paris on a saturday morning so you might end up needing a taxi to get you there.

To get to CDG for the 10:20 flight on Aer Lingus you can take the regular RER from Gare du Nord or other bus options. It is also about $10 cheaper to take the train than the bus to Beauvais so unless the price difference is huge fly Aer Lingus.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

Got it :) I think that both Aer Lingus and Ryan Air charge for luggage, even the first piece, but I'm planning to fly with only a carry-on. It definitely sounds like Aer Lingus from Paris is the way to go. It will save me time and be a lot less stressful. Thank you all for your advice, you really helped me a lot!

7. Re: Worth it to fly out of Beauvais (vs. Paris) & save US$32?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:18