We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket amendment

Watertown, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Ticket amendment

I Came here to read about reviews on ebookers and I am mesmerized at how nobody had any " hick-up" with them. My sister in law purchased a ticket from paris to USA and made a mistake on the return date, which is a month later than the actual date she suppose to return to paris. She is here in the states and we contacted ebookers, suggesting we pay a penalty fee for changing the return date from 13 March to 13 February. They refused and suggested we cancelled the ticket and buy a new one. What kind of crooks do that?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket amendment

"What kind of crooks do that?" - Whilst I'm no fan of 3rd party sites a lot of them sell the cheapest tickets that do not allow any changes even if you are prepared to pay a fee - surely responsibility for this rests with your sister in law who booked the wrong date.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket amendment

Let's see: Your sister made a mistake; she used a third party consolidator, and to correct the mistake she is asked to pay extra? Did she not read the fine print and the numerous postings on this forum about problems with third partys? There are really no "crooks" involved. Just consequences. Sorry it happened, but it is what it is. Chuck.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket amendment

Your SIL made the mistake and then agreed to the terms and condition of the booking. Unfortunately, we can't then "suggest" how the situation should be resolved. These companies follow their rules, and then you have to add the airline rules to that, making these problems very complicated.

Rules on their webpage regarding changes clearly states:

It is important to note that Change Requests are governed by the Airlines Rules & Regulations which will determine whether or not you can make amendments to your tickets, our Customer Service representatives will be happy to review the airlines rules specific to your booking & calculate any applicable costs involved

Costs are:

Airline Administration Fee

ebookers administration fee

Possible Fare & Tax Difference if the new flight cost more than originally paid

Fare & Tax differences are dependent on the availability of the new flights requested

Because your SIL's ticket is not changeable does not make ebookers.com a crook. This was her "hiccup"; she was careless and has only herself to blame. It appears it's going to be an expensive mistake. That's too bad.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 20:59
Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
561 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket amendment

"I Came here to read about reviews on ebookers and I am mesmerized at how nobody had any " hick-up" with them."

Perhaps the other people booked the correct date?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket amendment

"She is here in the states and we contacted ebookers, suggesting we pay a penalty fee for changing the return date from 13 March to 13 February."

Ticket rules are determined by the T&C accepted at the time of booking, not what the passengers "suggests" at some later time.

6. Re: Ticket amendment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 22:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket amendment

I very much doubt anyone will refrain from using eBookers just because your sister-in-law screwed up and booked the wrong date.

8. Re: Ticket amendment

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 22:05
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket amendment

As others have noted, it has everything to do with the rules for the applicable fare basis. Some airlines will allow changes even on the lowest fares. Others have fares that specifically forbid any changes at al Unfortunately, it sounds like your sister was booked on one of the Fully Non-changeable fares.

Personally, I would suggest you pull up the airlines T&C's for the fare basis applicable to the ticket purchased and see if maybe there's a loophole someplace. Otherwise. you're stuck with buying a new ticket for the correct return date.

10. Re: Ticket amendment

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 22:06