We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAN airlines

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Topic
LAN airlines

I noticed there are quite a few comments about LAN. We had business tickets from Detroit

to Miami to Lima.The prices were expensive, but when my mother died a couple of weeks prior to our trip they announced that it would be an extra $6000 for both of us to reschedule. Same business trips on their site was almost as much as they were asking us to pay for rescheduling. Is this something to be expected from LAN AIRLINES?

Please help me! We work hard for our money, almost retired and wanted to visit Macchu Picchu

since it was on my to do list in my life.

Help please

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAN airlines

What kind of help can we give, you Maggie? I mean none of us are in a position to change anything in order to help you. Sorry. Chuck.

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LAN airlines

I need some good ideas on how to deal with this situation. By the way that's a cool cat!

Thanks for responding!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,496 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAN airlines

Probably not much you can do unless you had travel insurance. Usually if you bought a non-refundable fare,which is what most people do, to change it they charge you a change fee plus the difference in fare. Since you're trying to change the ticket just a few weeks before departure, it is probably a lot more expensive now than several months ago when you bought it. All you can do is call and email them and plead your case. But don't expect much, unfortunately. This is what travel insurance is for.

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LAN airlines

You are right. Absolutely nothing I can do? The trip was a Christmas gift from my husband and I was not aware he didn't get insurance. Then my mother died a few weeks ago. I just would not enjoy it, and I wanted to enjoy it. It was going to be a very special trip, something I've looked forward to for a long time. I usually solve problems and can't believe that there is no solution, other than paying ridiculous prices.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAN airlines

Maggie, did you pay for your tickets by credit card? My cc company automatically gives me complimentary travel insurance for 4 months if i pay at least half of my ticket by cc.

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: LAN airlines

I didn't think of that! I'm sure Amex does that. Thanks for your help!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LAN airlines

You are very welcome! Hope you are covered:)

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LAN airlines

Just spoke with the cc and they do not cover but I do appreciate the help! Thank you

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LAN airlines

Oh thats a shame!

Plymouth, Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: LAN airlines

Thanks so much for caring! I did purchase new tickets from Delta for $2000 less than the reschedule fees would have cost. Not very good business manners for LAN Airlines!