We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Carry-on luggage

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Carry-on luggage

Hi there,

We are flying with Easyjet shortly and I am puzzled by the two sizes for carry-on luggage. We have flown with Easyjet quite a bit before and have bags which we used to be able to take as hand luggage before this change. These bags are well within the larger size but are ever so slightly over the smaller size in one dimension!

My question is: if we take these bags as hand luggage and they have to be checked in, do we have to pay? It is not very clear on their website. We don't mind having to put the bag(s) in the hold if necessary but will find smaller bags if we may have to pay to check them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Carry-on luggage

No, you don't have to pay.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,287 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Carry-on luggage

My understanding is that the larger size of cabin bags may still be carried in the cabin if there is space - if not they will be put in the hold as you board at no cost. The smaller size is guaranteed to be allowed on board.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Carry-on luggage

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know :-)

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Carry-on luggage

Hi

Don't forget to remove all valuables from your hand luggage before you allow it into the hold. I have one of those nylon carrier bags containing my purse, iPad, camera etc., so I can whip it out in the event of my case being taken from me.

Jackie

5. Re: Easyjet Carry-on luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19