We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

We are booking with united and flying code share to Kauai from Toronto. Does United have lounge access for business or first class and can you use the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge? We have a choice of connecting in Denver, LA or SF. Any better than the others.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,561 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

You need to be a member of the clubs to get access to them . As far as which place to connect from are all the fares the same ? I would look at layover time and the shortest total time with this caveat -- SFO has flight delays if there is a cloud cover. Denver is ok and so is La but do look at the total travel time as well.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

Yes to lounge access:

aircanada.com/en/…access.html

I'd pick whichever connecting airport offered a good connecting time for you had back-up flight options, in case something went wrong. I tend to stay away from LAX and SFO, but that's a personal decision.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

No to lounge access in the US, but Yes in Canada.

There is no Air Canada Maple Leaf Club in Denver, SFO, or LAX, and they are unlikely to let you in to the United Club

Edited: 12 February 2014, 00:33
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

Last summer I booked an executive class ticket with Air Canada - flew on United as a code share. YYZ to LAX through Houston. I had access to the United Club in Houston, and there is an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in the International Terminal at LAX.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

Thank you for the replies but we are booking with United not Air Canada.

6. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 14:03
Edited: 15 February 2014, 14:03
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

You may, but if you want to know for sure in advance, call United. Here's contact info united.com/web/…default.aspx

Access rules for United Clubs: Boarding pass for international travel in United Global First, United BusinessFirst, United First or United Business. Travel within the U.S. (including Hawaii) in United First or United Business is not eligible.

Kind of surprised me. I thought they'd lump in Canada.

We've accessed United Clubs when flying international business class. There needs to be a direct connection to/from such flights. No need for membership in that case.

Here's contact info. united.com/web/…default.aspx

Edited: 15 February 2014, 14:05
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

Thanks for your reply. So it looks like we won't be eligible as we are flying to Hawaii.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

But to Canada. That would be the only way (immediate connection to international first class to Toronto). Worth a call. Not sure in which of the airports getting to the club would be easiest.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: United code share with Air Canada to Hawaii

There is no international F from Canada to Hawaii on UA. No free access at LAX, DEN, or SFO to the United Club. The only lounge access they will get free, as already stated, is the Maple Leaf Lounge in Canada.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 21:32