OK -- I'm supposed to fly out Thursday afternoon. They are saying our area is going to socked with a BAD nor'easter starting Wednesday night & all day Thursday. I'm guessing air travel will be a nightmare.
I spoke to the airline today. They told me tomorrow they will make a decision about allowing people to change flights in advance with no penalties. It won't help. For work reasons, we can't leave early.
Leaving the next day -- Friday -- cuts our long weekend trip too short. If the airline is willing to refund our money, which customer service said we'd at least get credit for weather delays -- I'd almost rather just not go.
It sounds silly but I have never dealt with a significant weather issue before. Other than continuing to watch the forecast & monitor the airline's website, should I be doing anything else?
Does it matter that my flight has a layover in another city? If I can't get to the 2nd city, that should cancel the whole thing, right?Edited: 11 February 2014, 21:55