We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled flight ?

Champlain, New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cancelled flight ?

My wife and I are flying to From Burlington, VT to Newark then to Montego Bay this sat morning. My question is because of the storm this week and I am sure some flights will get cancelled can that effect our flight on sat? Can people bump us off our flight? The weather will be clear for sat so that's not a problem.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,539 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancelled flight ?

You are more likely to be affected by the fact that bad weather could result in planes and/or crews being in the wrong place because of delays/cancellations even if the weather on Saturday is ok - depending on the severity of the weather problems it can be several days before normal operations are resumed.

I wouldn't worry about being bumped as airlines do not generally bump confirmed passengers to seat others delayed from earlier flights - those delayed have to wait for an available flight i.e. one with empty seats.

2. Re: Cancelled flight ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 07:19