We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

essex england
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

Would love to hear from anyone who has recently flown to Mauritius with British Airways in Club Class as we are doing this in May from Gatwick. Was it up to scratch? Clean plane? Quality service and food? Comfortable flat seats, possible to have a good sleep? There have been some appalling reviews of BA Club class on 'airlinequality' website (although not to Mauritius) and I'm concerned that we have paid out (as a special treat) for something that is not worth it! All comments welcome

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

since you've already paid, and assuming it is not a refundable ticket, there is nothing you can do no matter what the flight is like so why worry.....I have never had a problem with BA business class long haul...ever.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

BA club is an excellent product. Although I have not flown this route, I have never had a problem either. Some of their planes are old and due a refurb now, but the same can be said for many airlines and does not detract.

Planes are always clean, food is decent, the seats are nice and spacious and yes you can get a sleep, and the staff overall are very good.

As Tilly says, why worry, it's all subjective.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

Yep to late to worry about it now, one thing for sure is the 11.55 hours flight will be a lot better in Club class than econmey.

As people often say, more people write bad reviews than people take time to write good ones.

I'm doing this exact route in September in Club. Am I worried? Not one little bit!

Enjoy your trip

Deb

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

oh yeah, chalk and cheese...you'll be fine, but you'll never fly economy again! That's the danger

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

Never a truer word written Tilly!

Deb

newcastle
Level Contributor
791 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

I did this route twice from heathrow 3 and 5 years ago. Mauritius is a long flight and club world will make it much more bearable. I think with the flight times outbound you should get a good night's sleep, ready to enjoy a full day when you get there. We loved mauritius and will head back one day!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

Whilst I have not done the MRU run, I have in the past month travelled BA Club World from Gatwick to Antigua, which use the same 777 aircraft. Personally I do not think the aircraft are tired, the Club cabin is spacious and the seats/beds are very comfortable. The food is ok and they offer a great selection of wine and champagne. You also have the club kitchen where you can help yourself to snacks throughout the flight. It's a great way to start and finish a holiday.

essex england
Level Contributor
258 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

All your comments have made me much more optimistic - thank you all! We have flown business to Oman and Maldives with Oman Air and the service, food, comfort and space was exemplary. The configuration was 1 2 1 and although the 777 is a different plane the 2 4 2 does seem a bit 'squeezy' Anyway, roll on May!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

The CW cabin on a 777 does indeed feel considerably more cramped than it does on BA's 747s and some of the CW cabins are quite old now, and looking a bit tired, but I've always been perfectly comfortable, able to sleep, and enjoyed the food. But it's all very subjective of course. I'm sure there are better offerings with newer, shinier cabins and more fawning crews. I'm pretty easy to please provided I have space, privacy and quiet, and I've always had that. Mainly I'm just really grateful I'm not in the cheap seats at the back.

10. Re: Anyone flown to Mauritius with BA in Club recently (from UK)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:17