We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapoair

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Cheapoair

Is this a genuine flight agency or is it a scam?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapoair

Try the search function. Then lace up your trainers and run away very fast.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapoair

"Try the search function and run away very fast.." - or spend 10 hours + reading the horror stories. Words like don't touch and 10 foot bargepole spring to mind.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapoair

You think Cheapoair will sell you a cheap cheap flight?

I will sell you one cheaper. I will also throw in a dancing unicorn, a solid gold bidet and a dog that sings Frank Sinatra hits.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapoair

Please can I have two?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapoair

"I will also throw in a dancing unicorn, a solid gold bidet and a dog that sings Frank Sinatra hits."

I think this is a scam as you initially said the dancing unicorn sang the Frank Sinatra hits and like everything else on the internet I believed it 100%.

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
580 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapoair

I have been searching for airfare CLE-LHR on all major carriers and the third parties like expedia, kayak, travelocity, and cheapoair. It's ironic, all the "discount" third parties I mentioned above have the same prices as the major carriers. I would not buy a ticket with a third party. I work too damn hard as a social worker to lose money. I need peace of mind and will stick to the major carriers.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapoair

No scam Tom honest. The dog does them all, Bark the Knife, I Get a Lick Out of You, The Girl From Pupenema...the whole lot.

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
580 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapoair

You forgot Ozzie...Bark at the Moon!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapoair

One out of three, MrMarcoos, even if it is with Frank Jnr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqexCfGlv0

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapoair

LOL everyone. And don't forget the bargepole.

David, Cheapoair is a genuine company, but one with a terrible reputation for service. There are hundreds of complaints on here. They use every means to lure you with cheap fares that don't (or no longer) exist. They only tell you this once you've handed then a large sum of money and they ask for more, and if you want to go somewhere else it'll take them ages to give you back what you paid them.

So don't touch them with that bargepole. And don't touch other third party bookers either (many others are the same or worse). Book directly with the airline (best) or use a reputable full service travel agent (eg Trailfinders or Dial A Flight) who'll give you live prices.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 02:01