We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Booking

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Booking

Customers booking flights with Easyjet should select seats AFTER completing the purchase to avoid being allocated different seats to those selected during the booking process! Today I booked a flight for myself and my wife from Gatwick to Lisbon in May. My wife prefers a window seat and I prefer an aisle seat. So I booked 7A and 7C on the outward leg and 7D and 7F for the return. I then reached the final stage of the booking process only to find that we had been allocated 7A and 7F i.e 2 x window seats on opposite sides of the aisle for the outward leg and a similar configuration on the return. I contacted Easyjet who advised me to complete the booking without selecting seats and then use the 'Manage My Booking' to select our seats and pay for these separately. I did as instructed and got the seats I wanted! I fear that many passengers will be disappointed when checking in only to find that they have been allocated different seats to the ones they had selected! You have been warned!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Booking

I would think if it was a common occurrence there would be loads of complaints all over the forums, and this is the first I've seen. I have to say I wouldn't fancy a flight with a random stranger sandwiched in between me and OH. I'd rather be able to have a conversation!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Booking

I just did a dummy-booking and had no trouble choosing and retaining window/aisle seat combos until the payment page so it doesn't look like a general issue. In any case, if you've paid for seats at the time of booking you can change them as often as you want afterwards.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Booking

I'm booked on EJ for the end of March and checked my booking a few times and the seats I've booked have been the same all the time. Are you sure you didn't click on the wrong seat? You can go in and change the seat booking if you need to.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Booking

On the other hand if this was a one-off occurrence how come the Easyjet customer service lady immediately recognised the problem and suggested a solution? She implied that this was in fact a fairly common occurrence. Yes, I did select the correct seats during booking and yes these were randomly changed between selection and completion of the booking process. And OH yes I personally know several people who also go for the aisle/window combination and OH no I don't mind sitting next to a stranger since I usually spend the flight reading or sleeping!!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet Booking

Most people who select the window and aisle combination do it in the hope that the centre seat will not get used.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet Booking

"On the other hand if this was a one-off occurrence how come the Easyjet customer service lady immediately recognised the problem and suggested a solution?"

There's a middleground between a one-off and a general issue. EasyJet's website can be a bit buggy to be honest.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet Booking

I am a regular flyer with Easyjet and usually book an allocated seat at time of booking. I have never encountered this problem so, based on my personal experience, I don't imagine this is a particularly common occurrence.

Also, to my knowledge, I am not aware of anyone else I know who has encountered it either. Rather strange it happened to the OP though, maybe someone else nabbed the seats between the time of initially selecting seats and finally pressing the button to book. Other than that, who knows!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet Booking

Strange that they allocted random seats if to reserve a seat you have to pay for a specific seat?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet Booking

To me it really looks like the OP clicked on the wrong seat, but they can still amend them so it shouldn't be a problem.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet Booking

While I also believe the OP clicked the wrong seats, I'm hoping that EJ has a rogue programmer who disapproves of couples booking window and aisle seats.