We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airines India

Oslo, Norway
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airines India

Namaste! Im gonna travel many destinations in India next month. Any airline company You recommend for domestic flights? or any airlines I should avoid?

Thx, and Im looking forward to Incredible India

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airines India

There is a lot of travel agencies to book domestic flights in India. you could contact with Make My Trip, Yatra, and Goibibo. If you want explore in India only, all airlines provides good services. Most of the peoples don't recommend Air India for long journey but for domestic no issue to travel with.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
814 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airines India

if you are looking at no frills and on time performance then Indigo is the best. only down side is that the leg room is a bit less, but as you are traveling inside india (the maximum flight duration would not exceed 2.5 hrs) this may not be a big factor

hope this helps

Edited: 27 February 2014, 16:33
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airines India

There's a major sale going on right now for all domestic flights, so you might want to check that out, if you know your dates of travel

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,254 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airines India

I had no problems with SpiceJet when I visited India. We used Air India for long haul and it was fine, but they were on strike while we were there and all domestic flights were grounded. Not sure how often that happens.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,105 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airines India

I used SpiceJet, GoJet, and Jet Airways all with no issues. I was there on business and our Indian hosts booked the tickets and used whichever one had the best time. Fares were all pretty cheap and tickets wre easy to get.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airines India

I believe SpiceJet has had a few problems in the recent past. We've used IndoGo, GoAir, and Jet Airways many times without any problems. We recently travelled on a new airline - Vistara - which is a collaboration between Singapore Airlines and the Tata Group; and they were fantastic. New planes, excellent ground and in-flight staff, and very well priced.

Regarding travel agents, I do NOT recommend Make My Trip. They stuffed up our tickets and reservations, and we still haven't got a refund for cancellations after over two months. Avoid them at all costs.

7. Re: Airines India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 October 2015, 13:58
8. Re: Airines India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 February 2016, 05:15