We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Hello,

I am booked on the British Airways 787 London-Austin direct in July. Does anyone know if the seats in row 39 recline? I will be traveling with my daughter and these are the only seats that have just two together, but if they don't recline it may not be worth it. Can't quite tell from seat guru. Thanks for any advice.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

I suspect any recline will be limited because of the toilet behind them - personally I avoid any seat next to a toilet as you'll have lots of other passengers queuing in the aisle beside you which can be really annoying on a long haul flight.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Thanks for the advice. I did notice that on the left side of the plane it is actually not a WC behind the seats but the flight attendant galley. So that might make it less annoying? But if the seats don't recline at all its a deal breaker.....any idea how I could find out definitively?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

I'll be going to Austin next week so will check and let you know.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Hello Sammy,

Wondering if by chance you were able to check the BA 787 and whether seats in row 39 recline?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Sorry, forgot to come back to you.

Yes they do recline but some of the seats touch the bulkhead when back as far as they go. If they don't reach the normal WT fully reclined position they are only off it by a fraction....

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Austin, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

Did you fly in the Row 39 seats? If so, how were they?

8. Re: Seating questions BA 787 London -Austin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:15