We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Toronto via JFK (terminal 8) connection time

5 posts
Save Topic
London to Toronto via JFK (terminal 8) connection time

Hi,

I'm traveling from London to Toronto via JFK with AA on Monday.

Landing in JFK terminal 8 at 1:40 PM

Connecting to Toronto at 2:59 PM (American Eagle)

Leaving me 1h 20min connection time - the airline says its fine

is it really? is it enough time to pass passport control - pick luggage - pass costumes - check in the luggage and get to the gate on time?

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,030 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Toronto via JFK (terminal 8) connection time

"is it really? is it enough time to pass passport control - pick luggage - pass costumes - check in the luggage and get to the gate on time?"

It all depends on whether your flight from LHR arrives on time and whether there are any significant lines at Immigration - try to sit as near the front of the plane as possible on your flight to JFK, walk briskly to Immigration and hope for the best.

I normally aim for a 3 hour connection window to reduce the risks - I've done it in less but there is no way of knowing in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Toronto via JFK (terminal 8) connection time

Nowhere near enough time unless you are very lucky, it can be done, but you could still be in the immigration queue while your flight to Toronto leaves.

The airline should put you on the next flight with spaces on it if you miss.

3. Re: London to Toronto via JFK (terminal 8) connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:18