We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa v British Airways

gettysburg, pa
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa v British Airways

I will be flying a 747 or 777 to London and then Ireland and Germany for holidays this August. I am very fearful of flying, especially in any kind of turbulence so I tend to only choose larger planes for overseas flights. Which airline is better in comfort and less confining in coach class? Lufthansa or British Airways? I have only flown Lufthansa in the past and was very satisfied but would like to hear more about British Airways.

uk
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

You will find British Airways very comparable to LH in Economy Class.

2. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 20:10
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

Kelmar77

You've started this thread asking a question that you answered (necroposting) on another one 5 minutes earlier.

tripadvisor.com/…56182565

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

I'd choose BA because of the staff. In practise, Lufthansa's fleet is older, but legendarily well maintained, and both airlines have to adhere to incredibly strict EU safety regulations. The seating is similar, and service is similar.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

Having had the most surely, unsmiling, abrupt and dismissive crew on last 4 flights with LH I would go with BA. But its economy and its not going to be great no matter who your flying with, but based on crew to me that would make a difference.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,395 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

My thinking similar to Scotlandscout.

I haven't flown LH as often as BA, and the latter usually suits my business travels intra-Europe. I enjoy the BA personality/style/service and often I found BA fares on certain routes at the times Ive travelled, more competitive than LH.

So my vote goes to BA

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

Opposite, I'm afraid. As a BA shareholder I ought to reccommend them. But I find staff condescending to pax and food poncey. LH cabin crew usually more pleasant and efficient.

Hard product near identical in Y.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

If this is in economy .... BA.

Lufthansa's new economy seats (Recaro) are very uncomfortable. And on the 744/748 the floor mountings impede on the passengers' legroom.

I've had nothing but very good service from Lufthansa crew, they are generally excellent.

But 9 plus hours in that seat? Sorry, I've endured it and would rather not, and now do my best to avoid LH long haul.

Norddeutschland
Level Contributor
288 posts
789 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

if prices annd flight plan make no difference, toss a coin

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lufthansa v British Airways

Historically the British proved themselves better in 1940. Times may have changed mind you and they now have different owners