We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

Not a question, but an update: I won in court today against Monarch for a 24 hour delay from Sharm to Gatwick in April 2012.

In the end the judge threw out their defence.

For anyone interested, the details of the saga have been reported from the MSE website here: http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/207784015

I know there are a variety of views about this legislation, but I take the position that so long as it is law, the airlines need to adhere to it. And you can make your own judgement about the extent to which Monarch covered themselves in glory in their handling of this episode ...

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

Real David V Goliath stuff.

Well done.

Sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
91 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

Excellent news - congrats. I am in Court with them on Thursday of this week - a 16 hour delay caused by avoidable staff sickness. Have you got your judgement yet?

Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
172 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

What do you mean, "Have I got my judgement"? I got the judgement in court, received a short written order thereafter, and Monarch paid up last week.

I've separately ordered a transcript of the judgement as delivered by the Judge - that will take another couple of weeks I think.

Good luck with your claim.

24. Re: Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 13:39
Edited: 07 March 2014, 13:39
25. Re: Monarch Airlines Flight Delay Compensation - Court Victory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:18