We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines Question

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Malaysian Airlines Question

Hi. Flying from Adelaide to Phuket with Malaysian Airlines next month and just wondering if they provide a blanket and pillow for each person on their flights? Flying cattle class.

Thanks.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

My experience with Malaysia (not on that specific route) is yes.

The Kuala Lumpar - Phuket flight is short, so you needn't worry about it. But the long haul (Adelaide - Kuala Lumpar) flight should definitely have blanket/pillow service. I got those on a 6 hour Kuala Lumpar to Shanghai flight, so you should be fine.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 10:01
Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

Yes and you normally get 2 meals to KL on the Adelaide route. I have seen them give kids packs to keep them amused to if you are also taking them :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

Hi. Apologies for hijacking the thread. I am taking a similar flight (ADL - KUL) with 2 kids. Can anyone share with me what type of food is normally served? Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

Normally either chicken or fish or beef dish. Normally one will be spicy and the other not. They also normally serve a chicken or vegetable sausage roll. No pork though.

The food is normally decent in economy, you can actually request kids meals but I don't know what this is. There is a contact number on the link I have provided malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/mh-experience/spe…

They also normally give you nuts at the start too

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

Thanks for the info, Jacks. :p

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

That's ok :D ask them for the kids packs too they seem to keep them amused :D

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

Thanks for your replies. Our return flight is overnight so hoping the kids will manage to snuggle with their pillow on our laps and get some sleep….fingers crossed!

We've ordered the kids meals for our kids, but I think I'll be packing sandwiches and snacks just in case! I've heard bad things about those sausage roll thingies!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

I like them not the same as ours but ok. The vegetarian not as good but still nice.

Hopefully they sleep :D have a great trip

9. Re: Malaysian Airlines Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:17