We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Ever DC10 flights

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
512 reviews
Save Topic
Last Ever DC10 flights

The last commercially operated DC10 is being retired today when Bangladesh Biman's flight to Birmingham is completed.

Farewell pleasure flights are available over the weekend from Birmingham Airport

www.biman-airlines.com/about/news…

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

My very first flight was in 1982 on a DC10 to Vancouver with CP Air. Real food served on real plates with real cutlery !

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,978 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

http://www.airteamimages.com/video_65.html

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

I only flew the DC10 once, IAD-ORD on United in 1995. Very nice flight, especially compared to the connection to PDX (last row of a 727).

I did fly lots of L1011 TriStars on Delta. When PDX was a (real) TPAC hub for DL we had frequent wide body service with L1011s to/from Atlanta, Boston and SLC. The aborted take offs and reasons/excuses were a source of great amusement - "Hi, captain here. The smell of fumes at the back is perfectly normal for this aircraft."

Which aircraft is next to go? I can't think the MD80 will get such a send off. The next big'un will be the 747.

And welcome back to Bill Hunt's ships. :-))

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
512 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

When SAS retired their last MD80 last year they ran a special farewell flight, I think from Copenhagen to Oslo and it was heavily oversubscribed

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,978 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

It flew over my village at 9.45 this morning at about 4000ft,nice sight and sound .Apparently their routing for the one hour trip is over Wales and the Irish Sea-it is a bit cloudy out there but still sunny in the Midlands and Welsh Marches.

SS

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,978 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

Nice pics

http://bhxflightguide.blogspot.co.uk/

and BBC in Bengali here

bbc.co.uk/bengali/multimedia/2014/02/140221_…

Edited: 22 February 2014, 17:18
London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26259236

18. Re: Last Ever DC10 flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:17