We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

But allergy on Emirates flight

East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
But allergy on Emirates flight

Hi,

My friend had just booked to fly to Qatar (Doha) in Oct. they will be flying with Emirates and her daughter has a nut allergy & carries Epi pens. Does anyone know if they serve nuts on the plane / if you can ask for the plane to not serve nuts due to her severe allergy?

Thanks

:-)

East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

Sorry just realised that the subject says "but" not "nut"!!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,911 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

Well that puts a hole different aspect on things ;-)

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,754 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

They certainly serve mixed nuts with the aperitif in Business & First class (no silly comments please) unsure about Economy.

I very much doubt that they will ban them for the whole flight on your request.(?)

SS

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,490 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

"Does anyone know if they serve nuts on the plane / if you can ask for the plane to not serve nuts due to her severe allergy?" - Even if they do or don't serve nuts how do stop passengers eating what they have brought on board which could contain nuts.

5. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 09:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

This is taken from the Emirates Web Site. Unfortunately for your friend they do not have nut free flights. I expect the other airlines would have a similar exclaimer.

Nut or Peanut Allergies

We do not offer nut-free flights. Nuts are served on all Emirates flights, either as a meal ingredient or as an accompaniment to drinks.

An allergic reaction to peanuts or their by-products can be quite serious. Unfortunately, as Emirates cannot guarantee peanut-free meals, we request that you bring your own meal on board if you have a peanut allergy.

Please note that other passengers may also bring food onboard which could contain nuts. It is therefore possible that traces of nut of nut residue oils could be passed on to the seating, other surfaces or via the air conditioning system on board the flight.

Emirates accepts no responsibility for any allergic reaction you may suffer whilst on board an Emirates flight. We suggest that you discuss your travel plans with your doctor to assess your fitness to fly with us in this regard.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 22:59
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

Sorry that should read "disclaimer"

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,311 posts
1,294 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

Boca,

Thank you for that clarification. I first thought that it was a "Butt Allergy," regarding over-weight pax in the center seats, expanding to the adjoining seats.

Now I know what you are talking about.

Thanks,

Hunt

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: But allergy on Emirates flight

I too, was looking forward to a debate on butt allergies

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor