We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

We are looking at flying from Brisbane to LA and back to Honolulu on the way home to Brisbane in late June 2014.

From what I can find Hawaiian airlines looks to be best option both price wise and that we don't have to go via Sydney. Would appreciate any comment on experience with this airline. Looking at that their website it appears that the in flight entertainment may be limited to either watching on the overhead screen or renting an ipad mini.

Thanks

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

Great flight. Friendly staff, comfortable seats, good food. Yes, you can hire iPads ($7 or $8 I think ) or take your own tablet loaded with movies and games or a good book, iPod etc. There are screens through the plane you can watch also.

We have flown with HA four times so far and will definitely fly with them again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

Agree, they are the best value if you want to stop in Honolulu on the way home. We are flying to Seattle later in the year and home via Honolulu...Hawaiian Airlines was the best price for our trip and have the best luggage allowance. So it was a no brainer to book with them this time..

We have flown with them before - don't hesitate.

What's $7.00 for I pad hire in the scheme of things really..book your holiday.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

HA is a pretty good airline and I would use them again.

The entertainment thing is a bit of a pain but not insurmountable and easily fixed with the ipad etc.

I'm assuming you want to do a stopover in Hawaii otherwise Virgin out of Brisbane would be my choice.

Anything avoiding Sydney is a good choice !

Have a great trip.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 09:34
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated, and we have booked our flights.

Happy travels

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

Can anyone tell me how and where at BNE they reserved their flight iPads? I have read this can't be done in advance, and numbers are limited.

6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines from Brisbane to LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:17