We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight complimentary stay

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Connecting flight complimentary stay

Dear sir,

I want to travel from london to lahore pakistan .every flight has connecting flight stop over of 15-20 hours and no airline company give any information regarding the complimentary stop over for a traveller .they are not providing any rules for a traveller

thanks

saeed300

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

Not sure what you are asking - are you expecting the airline to arrange a complimentary hotel for the gap between flights, and where will this stop-over be ?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

A hotel during a stopover is rarely if ever provided

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

You might do better posting in the Air Travel forum on here.

Are you looking in the right places for better flights

Try this site

skyscanner.net/transport/…

I don't think airlines offer hotel stays for layovers its usually the passengers responsibility.

It would be nice to hear of any that do but I think in these days of cost cutting those days are gone

Edited: 23 February 2014, 09:18
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

The link to skyscanner

skyscanner.net/flights-from/uk/cheap-flights…

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

"No airline company"

emirates.com/uk/…dubai-connect.aspx

The main point seems to be that you can't book an itinerary that deliberately extends your connection time - and you also have to take into account visa rules for the connecting country

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

Please take this to the Air travel forum.

UK
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

Lots of people travel between the UK and Pakstan, and I find it hard to believe that the OP wouldn't be able to find something direct, or something with a short lay-over.

As regards airlines arranging hotels - some do, as an optional extra bookable through their web site... but you usually have to pay for it. There may be exceptions (I haven't looked at the link posted earlier), but generally speaking the rule is that you pay.

8. Re: Connecting flight complimentary stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17