We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kirstys Zip lock bag..

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Kirstys Zip lock bag..

Now I know this is from the Daily Mail but a little light Sunday reading

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2565784/Zipgate…

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

Why would anyone buy a £65 designer bag for taking the liquids through security?

They're available for free at the airport, or you can buy 100 sandwich bags at Tesco for a few quid, that do the job.

Must be a quiet weekend, the daily fail has had to turn to arch reporter Phil Space.

Although in the US we have ziploc bags without zips. So we get it. :-)))

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

Wonder what the new rules that have come into force are from end Jan, that have not been publicised.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

I sometime think security forgets the reason for these bags,,,to ensure only a certain amount of liquid can be taken through and the contents clearly visible to enable the agent to process quickly. That's what's important. I've seen too many posts now where the contents are compliant, but people are being held up and delayed over the bag itself not being compliant in some tiny manner and that's simply ridiculous, it's not about the bag., it's about the liquid contents. It's a security screening for goodness sake.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

The bag is not see through, more zip than bag

Its the " rules don't apply to me" brigade because" I am different I am special" that cause hold ups

This bag is clearly not intended as a see through bag for security purposes but somewhere to keep make up.

Ok the manufacturer states that it is suitable for flying , but it doesn't say it is security compliant.

Fancy being stuck behind her while she repacked her bag

The rules have been well known for years

Clear see through bag in plain English

Not a cloth bag with some see through panels even if it was half price

Edited: 23 February 2014, 09:41
India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

Just a few weeks ago at MAN I was told to take my glasses off (reading glasses, which were on my head) and put them in a tray, now thats going too far IMO.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

This isn't the first time that ignorant security staff effectively make up their own rules and the fault lies with management giving poor training and low payment that doesn't encourage the sharpest to apply.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

The bag I use is very similar to Kirstie's but mine is smaller. It is a plastic clear bag with black edging where the zip is. Never had any problems with it. Mine wasn't £65 though ;-) It was the bag that held small size shampoo I got as a gift!

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

#6 Joe wrote

"This isn't the first time that ignorant security staff effectively make up their own rules and the fault lies with management giving poor training and low payment that doesn't encourage the sharpest to apply.

And it must be said that you don't need any educational qualifications to buy an airline ticket , just a pay day loan or a credit card or a lucrative TV career standing in living rooms and bathrooms of houses that need doing up.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 10:10
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

Two wrongs don't make a right Leuca :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kirstys Zip lock bag..

No but they make for a right mix up when they coincide at a pinch point in the system.

When two world collide LOL

Its what makes life so interesting to us law abiding, regulation observing people watchers. ( tongue in cheek)

A two hour wait at the airport can be as entertaining as a two hour visit to the cinema.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 10:27