We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

Hey all ia m looking a booking flights to Beijing from Melbourne with Signapore airline or Air New Zealand but i am unsure about Choosing a seat that i can sit with resemble Confort in ECONOMY CLASS

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

Exit rows? You'd need to check with each airline as to how to book exit rows as most airlines (a) charge extra for them, and/or (b) only allow their elite frequent fliers to use them.

Premium Economy? Air New Zealand (if the flights are NZ and not a code share) has a very good PE offering. It'll likely be double the cost of bog standard economy but you wouldn't have to pay full whack for business.

The other option is Air China (which may also be the NZ flight if it's a code share). Some of their economy seats on some planes are a roomy 33-34" pitch which is generous by today's standards. You'll have to do some research and find out which aircraft operates the flight, which version of aircraft, and then cross reference to Seat Guru - seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

At 6'8, your best bet is an exit seat. You can usually do this online (or the call centre) by paying an extra fee.

Any other seat, and you will definitely be knee deep into the seat in front.

Alternatively, try air asia premium or Scootbiz or Jetstar star class for the long haul.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

I'm not 6'8, but flying is one of those times when you wish you were a little person :)

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,848 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

I'm not 6'8, but flying is one of those times when you wish you were a little person :)

=====================

Indeed, flying is the ONLY times I'm pleased I'm little :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

yeah cant gor with air China only signapoer airline and air New zealand booked a tour with flights incuding roughy how much would i have to pay for the extra leg room and what would i exprect for flying international

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

<<<

yeah cant gor with air China only signapoer airline and air New zealand booked a tour with flights

>>>

By this do you mean that you can't use Air China, only Singapore Airlines or Air New Zealand because you have already booked the flights with a tour package? Or are you considering a package tour and the flights would be with those airlines?

In the past I've booked long-haul international on the Air NZ website and, I think, seat selection is part of the booking process. If not part of the booking process, then it can certainly be done after the booking is made. Either way, on the seat plan you can see which seats are bog-standard and can be selected free of charge and you can see which seats require a payment. From memory the payment amount varies depending on the seat.

I think I paid something like $20-40 each to select a pair of the "twosomes" down the back of economy (can't remember exactly, but it seemed 'reasonable' to me). I never select exit row seats because I don't like the way the arm rest is fixed, but I had a feeling that they may have attracted a $75 charge.

If you are booking a package with a tour operator then it might be wise to check that you will be able to select seats and how you would pay for the non-free seats.

This page ( www.airnewzealand.com.au/about-these-options ) has some info about seat selection, possibly you could do it via the help centre (who have always been very helpful, in my experience).

This page ( http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/seat-select ) has more info on seat selection including cost details. It's also worth noting that seat selection is only on Air NZ operated flights, so if you would be travelling on a code-share flight then you may not be able to choose.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

yeah AussieGirl86i am considering a package tour and the flights would be with those airlines becasue of where i am going some people are saying that Signapore airlines are good and some are saying Air New Zealand are better the tour i really wanted to do but slast long haul flight i was so cramped and was got really sore knees after the flight it was from Sydney to hawaii on jetstars

8. Re: tips on find Choosing a seat when your 6.8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:17