We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi I was just wondering which seats would be better. I have done some research and narrowed it down to either the extra leg room seats in rows 10 to 13 or row 39 which I believe is the 2 seats together. Don't think the PE is worth over 600 pounds but 60 each for extra leg room iis good value. I'm 6 ft 3 and never flew more than 4 hrs so that's why I was thinking about the leg room as I struggle on those flights of 4 hrs. This flight is Manchester to dominican republic so by far the longest. Thank you for any replies in advance.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
945 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I have just been advised you cannot book your seats if you have the extra leg room seats,they are allocated at the airport

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Is that right? I wasn't aware of this either Is it a first come first served type of thing?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,596 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

forestboy9

Who advised you of this and where did you get that information from ?

When you book Extra Legroom seats they include access to 'Select Your Seat' then from 90 days before your return flight you can then choose your preferred seats on the aircraft.

Angie.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 20:43
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,596 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

DeclanMcGrath,

Seats in Rows 11-13 A/B/C & G/H/J have 36" seat pitch. these are the only seats in economy with this seat pitch. Row 10 is bulkhead so being 6' 3" you might have problems with stretching your legs out fully in front of you.......as with the other rows 11-13 you will be able to stretch your legs under the seat in front.

Angie.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks Angie what would you recommend out of the two options? The only thing putting me off the leg room is if I got stuck in row 30 as the reviews aren't too great. Or is there a good chance of getting 11-13 if I reserve early?

Edited: 24 February 2014, 20:54
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,596 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Here is a photo of Row 10 behind the bulkhead.

http://tinyurl.com/leeoktm

If you pre book your seats online at the 90 day mark from your Inbound flight dates,then you should not have a problem getting your preferred seats and not be left with Row 30 seats right by the toilets.......I always check regularly just before the 90 days as sometimes Thomson do upload the seat plan early.

Angie.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks Angie for the quick reply.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,596 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Your welcome :)

Angie.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
945 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Angie i booked a holiday in Jamaica last week and that was what i was told on the phone at First Choice,if thats not the case many thanks for advising me correctly

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
457 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I booked my holiday in my local first choice shop. When I try to log on to my flight extras I get the message that the name or departure dat is wrong, I know it's right. Can I still book seats online if I booked in store? Also I am not going until September so I know I am too early to book seats but wanted to put the API info in. Is it because I am so early that I can't get online two my booking?

Thank you xx