We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick hand luggage?

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick hand luggage?

Trip is coming up fast and I wondered whether I'm aloud crisps and a bag of sweets with me through hand luggage?

I refuse to pay airline prices and wondered whether I could take four bags of crisps for us all an a bag or hard/soft boiled sweets. Last year my half drunk bottle of water was taken from me at security and I don't really want to have the same problem again.

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

no problem with items like that

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

Its liquids that are not allowed in (more than 100ml in each bottle anyway).

You can take crisps sweets, sandwiches, cakes, whatever you fancy eating. Just not liquids.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 13:16
London, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

Also, there's nothing to stop you from buying as much water/other soft drinks as you like in the shops after security. I tend to buy a couple of 750ml bottles for myself for about £1 each from Boots. Cheaper than buying on the plane.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,657 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

You can take food through security, but not liquids over 100ml. I do buy a couple of bottles of water airside because OH drinks about 2 litres on a flight, but we also buy on board. I never take crisps, sweets etc though as you can buy those airside.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

Every time I go through Gatwick or Heathrow, the airside shops always have 2 for 1 deals (or similar) on some sweets / crisps etc. I've even had free newspapers and water handed to me on past promotions.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

We always get a sandwich meal deal from Boots when at Gatwick North for flights to Tenerife (after having had a breakfast at the Red Lion Wetherspoons pub at 5am!). Easier than bringing it with you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

That's were we are going for breakfast to I'll do the same and visit boots, thanks

Sorry to ask another question but does anyone know how much a full English breakfast is at the red lion in nirth terminal?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

Give them a call.....01293 569874.

gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/…

Edited: 25 February 2014, 23:12
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

I think its a lot cheaper than Garfunkels LOL!.Tried your llink MrM and it didn't work so looked up wetherspoons, got to say they are very good with their websites.

jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-red-lion

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,989 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick hand luggage?

It will be a fair bit more expensive than Wetherspoons in towns.