We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA expiry date

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA expiry date

Please can somebody tell me if there's a way of checking what date your ESTA expires? I've managed to mislay the PIN and reference details I got when I applied for my last one. I know it expires in the middle of a USA trip, but as it only needs to be valid on arrival date, that won't matter.

However, I'm also under the impression you can renew it a week or so before it expires so wondered whether I should do that as soon as I can. To do so means I need to know the expiry date! I'm looking to do so before the first trip, if possible as it looks like I may have back to back trips, and it would be just one less thing to have to remember to do in the few short days between trips!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,885 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA expiry date

I think if you input your passport number, DoB and Family Names etc. you might be able to recall your existing ESTA.

https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA expiry date

They send you an email warning when it's about to expire. I'm not sure what the PIN is in this scenario, but you can go into the esta site and search for your application, with surname and I think passport number, if you dint have the reference number.

You can renew at any time, it's fourteen bucks and takes five mins. Just renew it,,,,no biggie, you don't need to wait until it expires.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA expiry date

They normally send you a reminder about 14 days before it's due to expire

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA expiry date

However, I'm also under the impression you can renew it a week or so before it expires

======

You don't actually "renew" it you just get another one and you can do that whenever you want.

If you have no idea of the details then I suggest you get a new one anyway, because there have been mess ups where the airline didnt think someone had an ESTA and insisted on it being produced. For a few $, doesn't seem worth taking the chance to me?

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA expiry date

Sorry, yes, my bad. I did know it's not a renewal as such but a whole new application. Also, that the fact you've had several previously, issued with no issue, is no guarantee that things will go smoothly at the next application process - as there's no historic record element involved.

I know they send you a reminder. Have had these in the past, but it might get sent to the home email after we have departed.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, and will go and try Tom's suggestion first.

SWT

6. Re: ESTA expiry date

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:17