We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open jaws questions??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Open jaws questions??

Hey,

I'm planning a road trip in USA so need to book an open jaws flight, I'm going to fly from London to kalispell with one stop in Minneapolis as I can't fly direct

On the return flight I want to fly from San Francisco back to London,

I know there's direct flights between the too but every flight that comes up is with a stop??

Is this because its an open jaws flight with a stop on the out bound flight?

Not sure if that makes any difference or not? I'm using the kayak site

Any info would be great thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open jaws questions??

"Is this because its an open jaws flight with a stop on the out bound flight?"

No. Look for flights with an airline (such as BA) that flies the route non-stop. Are you stopping over in Minneapolis? If so, try to look for an open-jaw ticket for the transatlantic part and book the flight from Minneapolis to Kalispell seperately.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Open jaws questions??

Thanks for your reply,

no were no staying in Minneapolis although we could still look at booking that flight separately

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open jaws questions??

The problem might be that you have very limited options to Kalispell. For instance, it doesn't look like BA or their partners fly there so you won't be able to book them on the inbound part from SFO. Delta offers 1-stop options out and non-stop options back (on Virgin Atlantic metal).

Edited: 25 February 2014, 19:57
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,932 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open jaws questions??

looks like Delta is your best bet here. If you just do a multi city to MSP and then FCA then SFO to LHR on Kayak it will give you options. Of course on the Delta site this should work out ok just doing open jaw.

kayak.co.uk/flights/…2014-04-24

Edited: 25 February 2014, 19:59
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,975 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Open jaws questions??

I don't know when you're flying, but Delta starts Heathrow-Seattle non stop from March 29, and Alaska Airlines (a DL partner) connects SEA-FCA. So if you just enter LHR-FCA for the outbound, and SFO-LHR for the return, you may get a couple more options.

Although you may search on Kayak, book directly with the airline at www.delta.com

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Open jaws questions??

Ok thanks for all ur info

Should I not book flights through kayak then? Or are they ok to book with?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Open jaws questions??

Kayak is only a search engine, not a booking site. Book directly with the airline once you use kayak to find your flights.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Open jaws questions??

Kayak is just a search engine, not a booking agency. They will redirect you to either the airline's website (where you should book), or a 3rd party site (where you shouldn't book)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Open jaws questions??

Whenever I click on one of the flights that kayak offer it directs me too either Expedia or ebookers or something like that,

Are these not good people to book with?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,932 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Open jaws questions??

just go to http://www.delta.com and book there. They have a multi city option or call them.