We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condor airline. The worst airline!

Venice, Italy
2 posts
Save Topic
Condor airline. The worst airline!

I will never book condor again. I was travelling from Vce to Phuket through Frankfurt on 10. december 2013 with my 19 months daughter and my husband. Such an unfriendly company with unfriendly roules. For such a long flight we only got one plate of pasta with pesto each and a very poor breakfast. A couple of bottles of water and that's it. We fly every year since 10 years with other companies to Phuket and never experienced something like this. Before boarding the stewardess were nearly begging to sell upgrades to the peaople and for such a bad service. I asked for a sit in front to be able to arrange a bassinet for my baby to sleep but they refused my request cause they were trying to sell those seats for people upgrading. I asked for food for my baby but i was told i had to bring it from home cause not paying for a sit she was not entitled for a meal, not even a yogurt!!!!... For such a long flight my baby did not get ANY food, i asked for an extra roll for her but nothing to do. That's rediculous and never happend to me before travelling with her in the past. I did not have food for her with me apart from a packet of biscuits so i gave her my food and remained without.Now i will have my flight back to venice next week with condor and i am already looking forward to have it done quickly. I hate flying with such a children unfriendly flight company. Also the ear head set was SOLD to passengers and after one hour the entertainment program was interrupted because out of order! Luckly we did not have to pay extra for the air we were breathing.

I think that you can apply such roules for short flights only, not on a 12 hours flight!

I would never ever reccomend condor to anyone!

P.s. We paid for the flight more money than with all other air companies in the past, more than 900 euros each. Qatar, Emirates, Kuwait airlines much much better and also cheaper!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,630 posts
958 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

What class did you buy?

That can make a lot of difference in what one gets.

Good luck,

Hunt

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

Hmm, I thought that Allegiant were the worse airline ever: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7241…

Why did you choose Condor if you have previously flown with the likes of Qatar and Emirates? Until today I'd never even heard of Condor.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,630 posts
958 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

Yes, Condor is new to me, as well. I thought that this might be a flight over the Andes?

Perhaps the choice was based on price?

Hunt

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

'... my 19 months daughter ...' Hm. 'I asked for a sit in front to be able to arrange a bassinet for my baby to sleep but they refused my request cause they were trying to sell those seats for people upgrading.' I'm not sure if the bassinets are designed for children weighing more than 10 kg but are instead designed for infants under 12 months of age.

'I asked for food for my baby but i was told i had to bring it from home cause not paying for a sit she was not entitled for a meal, not even a yogurt!!!!... For such a long flight my baby did not get ANY food ....' A 19 month old child is not a baby. Not having booked a seat for your daughter was a decision you made, but to board a plane without some of her favourite foods on hand is simply wrong. The responsibility to ensure she would have been kept safe, comfortable and fed rests with her parents. not with an airline.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

>>>Perhaps the choice was based on price?<<<

I thought that too, but then I read the OP's P.S:

"P.s. We paid for the flight more money than with all other air companies in the past, more than 900 euros each."

So they must have offered something special to make the OP choose them.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,553 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

Condor is a leisure carrier, used to be a subsidiary of Lufthansa but is (has been for a while) owned by Thomas Cook. Nowhere near QR's or EK's league.

I'm just counting the inconsistencies in the story, especially why the OP would not bring their own food for a baby in the first place.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

I thought Condor was a charter airline. They used to be the only airline that had flights between Europe and Alaska.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,687 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

Well, looking at Condor's website, it clearly states that you can reserve particular seats for a cost, otherwise they will assign a seat. So if you want that bassinet row seat, pay for it or miss out. Similarly meals are on a book-and-pay-for basis. So Condor is your typical LCC rather than a full service airline.

IMO Sylvia is at fault here because she didn't read the terms and conditions.

And, seriously, what parent (well, besides Sylvia) doesn't travel with a sack full of toddlers stuff including copious snacks, because you never know when they're going to start arcing up?

Edited: 28 February 2014, 04:41
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

I'm really surprised that a flight on condor was more expensive than Qatar and emirates, that does not ring true to me, they do normally come in lower cost, to the stage of approaching being a low cost carrier.

In terms of the op, she appears not to have paid for the seat she wished, not paid for a seat for her child, and what I really can't understand, not brought any food for the child either on a 12 hour flight. I suspect she was in economy, I think this is an issue in terms of erroneous expectations.

To the op, when you take a lower cost flight option,( even when you don't), you do need to prepare to fly accordingly, bring your own snacks, entertainment and food for your child, and understand that not throwing you freebies does not make an airline unfriendly. Understanding what's in the ticket price is important. For your flight back, make sure you pay and book the seat you wish if possible, that you have food for you and your child, and are prepared to entertain as appropriate.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condor airline. The worst airline!

Condor Flugdienst are a scheduled carrier, not a charter, but not on a par with EK or QR. I really can't see one of their flights being more expensive.

The OP obviously gave no thought to her toddler (not a baby) when booking, and didn't bother to even check what provision there was for her. Condor do provide baby food, but that's not a lot of good to a 19 month old. No way would you get a 19 month old in a bassinet! She should have bought a seat for her.