We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing bestflights.com.au

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Missing bestflights.com.au

Hi All,

I am in the process of planning a few complex trips for travel this year. Up until now I have made great use of the bestflights website as they not only had a good search engine which included LCC, but they also had a fantastic resource which listed the best deals to destinations for a variety of airlines, including the period of the deal. This also included round the world and pseudo round the world fares. Earlier in February they suddenly disappeared to be replaced with Helloworld which is a poor cousin in comparison.

Does anyone know of a website that does something similar?

I am currently trying to work out if we would be better getting a round the world ticket for our trip to Europe which includes Poland, Norway and the french alps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Midmisty

Townsville...
Level Contributor
991 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing bestflights.com.au

You could try using skyscanner.net for comparison airfare. Also ita matrix and kayak. These will show the possible combinations of flights and then direct you to a third party website or you can go directly to the airline website and book the airfares yourself. Preferable to using a third party website.

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing bestflights.com.au

I have tried skyscanner and itamatrix, and will give the other one a go. Skyscanner does not do multicity searches so is a bit restrictive.

I am also looking for a site which lists are the current and upcoming sales fares across multiple airlines which was something bestflights did well.

3. Re: Missing bestflights.com.au

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:17