We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

Hi - I am trying to book a Jet Blue Flight online using points. We'd like to fly into one city and out of another. When I attempt to book this itinerary using points, the box where I'm inputting my departure and arrival dates grays out and it doesn't let me do it. If I attempt the same itinerary clicking "dollars" instead of "points" as my payment form, it is fine and goes through to show me the various flight options. Why can't I book a multi-destination itinerary using points? I then tried a dummy booking of two one way flights with points, and that seemed to work. Is there any drawback to booking two one-way flights with points instead of an open jaw ticket? It seems the only way to book our itinerary. Thank you.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

I was having trouble with the JetBlue website earlier as well - just trying to book a one way ticket (with points), it wasn't recognizing the destination city until I tried from a different screen. Maybe they are having technical difficulties?

I flew JetBlue over Thanksgiving on 2 one way tickets and I thought it was fine. It was a matter of securing the cheap leg as soon as the price dropped and waiting to see if the other would or if I would drive back. I am flying in and out the same day in July on 2 one way tickets as well. Since they don't charge differently between round-trip and one way flights I don't mind doing it that way. I am trying to think of a situation where it might be a problem and all I can think of is if weather (or another delay issue) prevents you from getting there in time for your second flight for one reason or another - would they help you out? I think they would because they are mindful of customer service, but who knows.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 17:35
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

There is no point in waiting for the price to drop on the second leg. IF the price goes down, you can telephone them and they will re-issue the ticket at the lower price. ( no charge) The difference is not refunded but placed in your account--which is not a big deal if you are a regular. ( and if you share your password with someone, they can use that money balance too)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

My point in waiting is that if the price didn't go down to a certain level I would've been in a car with my family driving back instead of flying. I wasn't going to spend $500 to fly back from Pittsburgh when it was only $99 to fly down. I was just trying to show an example of flying on JetBlue like the OP asked on separately ticketed legs.

I didn't have any issues, and maybe more experienced flyers will be able to think of a circumstance where it might be or whether OP should book as they stated in their original question.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

Hmmm....I don't think it is a technical glitch as I have been trying every now and then for a couple weeks, and always get the same result. I don't get it.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
650 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

Although there has been considerable progress with airline (and other travel) Websites, I wonder if there is any Website which smoothly offers every possible variation which is theoretically supported by the organization. Open-jaw award ticketing, access to all alliance partners when booking award tickets, etc. are frequent examples of such gaps.

Try phoning the call centre. See (1) if what you want to do is permissable by general rules, (2) see if they can show you how to do this via the Website, and (3) if not do-able via the Website - can that person do it, and possibly waive any call centre fees as you tried using the Website but it didn't let you?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

I would suggest you call JetBlue to book your itinerary. A number of FF booking sites are set up to book just the basic RT trip. Any deviations from those may need to be booked with a True Blue booking agent.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

Thx, yes,i will probably end up calling. I was just hoping to avoid the wait on a phone call.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
650 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

BooKat, the call center may normally also have a (nominal?) charge for serving you, as airlines are trying to "encourage" folks to use their Website (in order to reduce personnel costs). I have found it worth mentioning my attempts to do the job on the Website, but it failed. So a request (1) for guidance on how to make the Website work, or (2) help from the call center staff (hopefully with the charges waived because you tried to use the Website but it failed to help you on this occasion) - might get the call center fee waived.

This approach (honestly trying to use the Website, then reverting to the call center on occasions when the Website wouldn't do the job), has resulted in the waiver of the call center fee for me in the past (but with a different airline..).

9. Re: Trouble Booking True Blue Jet Blue Flight Online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28