We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked a flight with wrong last name

Moreno Valley...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booked a flight with wrong last name

Hi there!

My dear boyfriend booked us a trip out of Los Angeles International Airport to Jamaica in 10 days but he booked my ticket under my current last name, but my passport has my maiden name. I haven't had a chance to get a new passport since my divorce. Will they accept my marriage certificate that I am indeed the person on the passport but have changed my last name due to my previous marriage?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,600 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked a flight with wrong last name

If it is within 24 hours call the airline and explain and they should change it free of charge normally anyway

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked a flight with wrong last name

Did you get that mixed up,,,did you mean your passport is in your married name,,not your maiden name, which is your current name?

Tickets and passports need to match, so you need to have it changed by the airline, otherwise you won't be able to fly.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked a flight with wrong last name

"If it is within 24 hours call the airline and explain and they should change it free of charge normally anyway"

If the booking is with a US carrier and is within 24 hours you can call the airline and cancel without penalty (it's the law). Try Ronaldo's recommendation first though.

4. Re: Booked a flight with wrong last name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28