We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United airlines flight codes

south wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
United airlines flight codes

Hi

We are booked to go with united to San Francisco from Heathrow in three weeks time but the united flight code I got is UA4 but this shows as a different flight I have the confirmation, so do they change there codes at a certain time because from San Francisco we go to Las Vegas and that code is wrong the reason I'm looking is to find out what terminal I will fly from?

Any help would be appreciated

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United airlines flight codes

UAL 04 shows as being LHR-IAH (TEXAS) better contact United and find out what the snafu is

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United airlines flight codes

correction it showed IAH-LHR

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United airlines flight codes

Can you put your 6 digit alpha numeric bookin g into the united website? I booked a mutli city trip direct with United in Sept and the flight schedules and numbers have changed at least 4 times since booking and I expect more changes before May 10th

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United airlines flight codes

Yes, just go to the webpage. You can check your itinerary by signing into your account. If you don't have a Mileage Plus account, you can check it by going to "Reservations" and choosing "Change/View Reservations".

I recommend you do this on a regular basis so you can check for schedule and equipment changes. If there's an equipment swap, you may find yourself sitting in a different seat, so it's best to find this early.

south wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United airlines flight codes

Thanks for the replies I've double checked my booking and the flight numbers still don't match up they show differents flights ATM, I'll ring United to find out

Many thanks

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United airlines flight codes

Flight 5 is LHR to IAH. If your ultimate destination is LAS, it would most likely be to your advantage to connect through IAH rather than SFO. You might arrive in Vegas a lot sooner.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United airlines flight codes

thereeces,

Something looks odd here.

United flight UA4 or 5 is a flight flown by pre merger Continental (sCO) aircraft and crew.

The Heathrow to San Francisco route is one flown by pre merger United (sUA). sUA operated long haul flights have numbers in the 800-999 range (today's LHR-SFO flight is UA931).

And currently the LHR-IAH (Houston) route is also operated by sUA (UA 920, 971, 984) on three class 767s.

I'm not seeing UA4 anywhere right now. It's definitely not on the SanFran or Houston routes from Heathrow.

Please let us know what you find.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 08:12
south wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: United airlines flight codes

Hi

I've rung United who said codes can change daily my code to San Francisco has changed to ua931 which now seems right but then from San Francisco to Las Vegas a couple of days later it is ua1662 which don't seem right then from vegas to houston it is ua1172, then we fly from Houston to Heathrow and that is ua4 there 20.50 flight, I've gone into the united booking site and done a dummy booking and these numbers still come up as we'll so perhaps they will be right, but I will check again.

Many thanks

Edited: 07 March 2014, 11:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: United airlines flight codes

>>I've rung United who said codes can change daily<<

Whereas I suppose technically correct, I'll be honest, I have never been on a flight where they changed the codes daily, or seen one.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: United airlines flight codes

It's a bit disconcerting if you are a conscientious passenger and constantly check for updates?