We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Hi fellow trip advisors,

I'm fairly new to the TA forums I originally put this on the wrong forum (budget travel) as i missed the whole air travel forum thing.

I recently booked two one way flights with air fast ticket for a trip I am making in June flying into Yerevan, Armenia and out of Baku, Azerbaijan. I did an initial Google search of the company and it seems to have been knocking around since 2012 without anything screaming it is a scam. I have to admit that I was a very brief bit of research as I didn't want to miss the deal I had found (£30 less for the BA flight with a weekend special offer of £30 off per booking and similar on a Ukraine Airlines flight). In total I saved in the region of £120 on the two flights based on the prices shown on the airline sites. One of my main concerns is that the WIki page was withdrawn on the grounds that it read like an advertisement and there was no real solid back ground information on the company (in fact Trip Advisor seemed to be the only site with any kind of information at all).

With hindsight I was probably a bit rash, but thought I would share my experiences with you all and hopefully either confirm or deny if this is indeed a scam.

So far it seems legitimate, but I am reserving judgement - Emails all received for the two flights in a timely fashion regarding the confirmation. However, I am still feeling slightly paranoid so I went to the BA site and looked at the manage my booking section with the booking reference. All appears okay on that score with the flight details logged and confirmed via the BA site (I was even to claim some Avios points).

I have also sent BA an email to see if anything looks suspicious with the booking their side and if they are aware of any issues with the company and I am awaiting their response. I also emailed Ukraine Airlines (I couldn't check my reservation on the Ukraine Airline site as there was no facility) and they have advised me that my flight is confirmed and good to go.

I have read the other thread on this, but there was no definitive answer to the concerns about the whole thing being a scam. Hopefully this will confirm or deny the previous rumors. I am obviously hoping it is legitimate, but am completely on the fence at this time and sort of hoping they don't confirm my worst fears and end up being 300 quid out of pocket.

Watch this space,

Lee

Trip advisor guinea pig

1. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 13:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

There was some concern on the previous thread that the price didn't include taxes. I've just reviewed my booking emails and taxes are included.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

If you are actually confirmed on the airline's own systems then you should be good to go. Not all third party bookers are scammers however, often if they can get you a cheaper deal the customer service they offer is shoddy at best and non existant at worst.

Let's say you needed to change your reservation or the airline changed the times of your flights. Contact the airline and hey may say sorry Mr/Mrs/Ms Squidgy but you have to go through your booker. Then the problems start.... No 24 hour service, promised call backs that never materialise, promised refunds that are never sent, promised changes that are never implemented, other hidden charges....complete frustration all around. This forum is littered with horror stories of this nature. Worth a saving of £120?

Hope you steer clear of any of these problems.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

I've done some googling, and they appear to be a legitimate company. A dummy booking looks like it uses the same style search engine as Kayak, and there are mentions and pictures of their CEO.

But, as Mr Marcoos says (or hints), being a legit company doesn't mean they're good (CheapoAir and eDreams are legitimate, but I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole). You could still have post sales service issues.

But, if you've booked already and your flights are viewable in the airlines' system - and confirmed as ticketed - you should be okay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

I can see what you are saying, but I travel frequently and only for pleasure and I only work it around my the days I am free from work. I've never had to change my flights for any reason previously and I've been doing this for years. Saving £60 off each single fare (representing about a 33% discount) seems a risk worth taking just for some potentially shoddy customer service.

I've probably jinx it now!!!

Denver
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Thank you for posting this. I am looking to purchase tickets on AirFastTickets as well and heisitant.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Reported post 7 as a duplicate of post 6 (in case it goes and anyone thinks they have missed something exciting!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

I received a confirmation email from

BA so it seems that that leg of the journey is fine too.

My only concern now is that I have got two pending payments showing not left my account from the time I booked the flights (about 10 days ago). The full amount has already been debited. It is only for £2 for each of them, but seems slightly odd. I'll chase it up with the company and the bank when I have a moment.

9. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 18:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Good to know.

Every time they put the deals on for £30 of a booking the code has been 'CRAZY30'. May be worthwhile just trying it anyway.