We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Hi fellow trip advisors,

I'm fairly new to the TA forums I originally put this on the wrong forum (budget travel) as i missed the whole air travel forum thing.

I recently booked two one way flights with air fast ticket for a trip I am making in June flying into Yerevan, Armenia and out of Baku, Azerbaijan. I did an initial Google search of the company and it seems to have been knocking around since 2012 without anything screaming it is a scam. I have to admit that I was a very brief bit of research as I didn't want to miss the deal I had found (£30 less for the BA flight with a weekend special offer of £30 off per booking and similar on a Ukraine Airlines flight). In total I saved in the region of £120 on the two flights based on the prices shown on the airline sites. One of my main concerns is that the WIki page was withdrawn on the grounds that it read like an advertisement and there was no real solid back ground information on the company (in fact Trip Advisor seemed to be the only site with any kind of information at all).

With hindsight I was probably a bit rash, but thought I would share my experiences with you all and hopefully either confirm or deny if this is indeed a scam.

So far it seems legitimate, but I am reserving judgement - Emails all received for the two flights in a timely fashion regarding the confirmation. However, I am still feeling slightly paranoid so I went to the BA site and looked at the manage my booking section with the booking reference. All appears okay on that score with the flight details logged and confirmed via the BA site (I was even to claim some Avios points).

I have also sent BA an email to see if anything looks suspicious with the booking their side and if they are aware of any issues with the company and I am awaiting their response. I also emailed Ukraine Airlines (I couldn't check my reservation on the Ukraine Airline site as there was no facility) and they have advised me that my flight is confirmed and good to go.

I have read the other thread on this, but there was no definitive answer to the concerns about the whole thing being a scam. Hopefully this will confirm or deny the previous rumors. I am obviously hoping it is legitimate, but am completely on the fence at this time and sort of hoping they don't confirm my worst fears and end up being 300 quid out of pocket.

Watch this space,

Lee

Trip advisor guinea pig

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Good luck DObby!

Edited: 17 April 2014, 10:24
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

D0bby - Have a look through this thread relating to Travelgenio.... Like most third party providers you may or may not be lucky with your booking.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k67909…

Edited: 17 April 2014, 10:29
peterini
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

I recently tried using airfasttickets and it was not a pleasant outcome. My advice : use someone else.

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
84. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

ohhhh.

I tried to book my flights that way but the tickets are more expensive that way. I think all these companies get a discount because they sell a lot of tickets on behalf of the airlines.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,585 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

It's more likely that the prices you see are there to lure you into buying what will turn out to be the same fare that you would have paid if booking directly. This forum is full of stories about booking fees that are added on, and people being informed that fares are not available after they thought they had a confirmed booking. In the end most, at best, only find themselves with a lot of additional hassle and increased expense, at worst they have lost their money and got nothing to show for it at all.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

I think all these companies get a discount because they sell a lot of tickets on behalf of the airlines.

------

That's what they'd like you to think. Most of them just go on the internet and book them as if they were you or I. No special deals, no special discount, they are just good at packaging up pricing to make it look cheaper. And advertising cheap deals that never existed in the first place but now they have you suckered in.

Provo, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Just bought a ticket at the lowest price online and it was confirmed in a couple minutes. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Baku, Azerbaijan
1 post
Save Reply
88. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

Hi Squidgy,

You mentioned plans to visit Yerevan and Baku. Just be informed due to war between two countries you may have difficulties to enter one country after another. I knew examples when border service not allow to enter azerbaijan people with stamp of visiting Armenia before that. Agree its a shame... I thing you should better check with embassies of two for UK.

Considering AirFast found good price for travel from Vilnius to Poznan, checked their website with.com and .ru, turned out the same price only in GBP and Russian ruble, USD price quite high ( checked all of them converting to Euros). Isn't it odd? And it happens with many other online ticket sellers .

London, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

@peterini

Can you elaborate please? I'm trying to keep this as impartial as possible and somebody that has only posted on the forums twice that randomly comes out with a negative comment with absolutely no detail brings out the sceptic in me.

Large companies use these forums to generate negative press for their competitors and think that Joe Public is to stupid to notice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Airfasttickets.co.uk - Too good to be true?

>>Large companies use these forums to generate negative press for their competitors and think that Joe Public is to stupid to notice.<<

Eh? Some tiny shonky companies might try shilling but they are nearly always spotted. Yet to see a large company try it yet.