We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

Bristol, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

I am currently planning a trip around Australia, NZ, Asia etc and have been looking at different websites to buy a round the world flight ticket.

Has anybody used this particular website "roundtheworldflights.com" ? As I can't find any reviews etc for them.

Many Thanks

Rosie

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

I have not heard of these people. If you want my advice Rosie, get your self down to Trailfinders in Bristol and get some good fares and advice from them.

I have used them for many years and have had nothing but excellent service.

Avoid 3rd party internet agents at all costs.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 17:09
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

Another vote for trailfinders when you are considering a non straightforward itinery.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

Brilliant thanks I will give them a call. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

Hello - I'm the Director of said company. No links to us and I hope this doesn't break community guidelines (I don't think it does) but there's hundreds of genuine and verified reviews on reviews dot co dot uk and on Google Places. Also we've also been around since 1997 and are in 78 Lonely Planet guidebooks at the last count.

That is all - I hope that answers your question and you have a great trip whoever you choose :)

Kind Regards Stuart

ps we also have a London office you can visit so not just internet only

pps Really don't like commenting on TA (feel it's for the members), but damned if you do and damned if you don't. Cheers

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

General advice is to book direct with the airline

You can manage your own booking direct

If any issues arise you can speak direct to the airline line who will be prepared to do whatever they can to help

If you book through a third party the airline will only deal with your booking agent and you could be told to take it up with them

So lets say you are doing a stopover, a glitch happens, and you try to contact your booking agent by phone and due to time difference the office is closed.

i would choose a couple of airlines you are interested in , say Air New Zealand, , BA , Singapore just for example and go on websites, find their multi city link and do some dummy bookings around your itinerary.

It really is that simple

. You can spend time at leisure planning your own trip with stopovers

Why not give it a go anyway and you can see just what is available even if you do decide to go via a travel agency.

And booking direct is not necessarily cheaper.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 09:30
6. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 15:35
Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

I use round the world flights regularly, and I can definitely recommend them. Despite what other people suggest in these forums, Trailfinders is a waste of money. I personally have used agents at Roundtheworldflights.com in Islington for many years booking my frequent business travel and I think they are - hands down after shopping and using agents at lots of comparative companies in USA, Aussie and UK - the best I can get for money and customer service. I now use Simon for my bookings, but I have also had dealings with Stuart and Geoff, both of whom were also good. If you want more info, you can message me directly. I have no affiliation with the company other than as a client (for many years), and I can say honestly they are excellent.

Depending on what you are trying to do on your RTW, I would highly recommend them. I picked them because I was living in Islington briefly when I first starting booking with them, but this was just a coincidence as I did a lot of research beforehand. Here is what I found:

1. I compared their itineraries with quotes from other agents and the only quotes that even came close are Worldspan Travel, also in the UK, but even they were several hundred £ more expensive. I did this for several years until I became convinced they were absolutely, by far, the best quotes with best service on many different routings.

2. One of the huge advantages for me of booking a RTW (or even an out-back ticket to Aussie from London with free stopovers in Asia or South Africa) is the ability to change my dates. I have had good customer service when date changes were needed, and this can usually be done for FREE depending on how your original ticket is booked. Now that is a huge advantage, especially on business travel where my employer won't reimburse me for date changes and my travel plans do invariably change as business needs change. RTW flights have also been good at updating me whenever there are changes to my flight scheduling.

3. I frequently travel from London, but I don't actually live in London so my originating point is usually somewhere else in Europe or even sometimes New York. Round the Worldflights.com really can't book tickets from anywhere other than London, but in my experience it is still cheaper to fly to London to make a connection to a RTW ticket (even from America) than it is to book the same ticket with an agent departing from the USA. Promise! I know this because I used to us a RTW agent based in the USA and it is really worth getting to London to start the RTW ticket unless you are originating from somewhere like Singapore or Australia, in which case use an agent there.

4. The One World or Star Alliance RTW flights are very expensive compared to what you can get with RTWflights.com. I don't know why anyone would use these unless they are going to places like Easter Island where you simply can't get any other RTW ticket. But it would still be cheaper to get to Santiago with a bargain Qantas itinerary through RTWflights.com and then to Easter Island on a separate ticket! I have long ago ruled out using any of the major alliance tickets - they are simply a waste of money and have no advantages that I can see. Simon at RTWflights can book me in the same class of service with the same free date changes and for thousands of pounds less.

5. I travel a lot (usually 1 or 2 RTW tickets every year). I am also married to a former travel agent, which means I am pretty selective about my agents. I haven't been disappointed yet by RTWflights.com. Just be careful not to confuse their name with several other similar ones (for instance round the world TICKETS is a site affiliated with a different company who will provide much higher quotes).

Anyway, glad I can give these guys a good thumbs up. Do your research by shopping around and you may well discover the same thing.

8. Re: Has anybody used the website roundtheworldflights.com ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2015, 05:15