We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

Surrrey
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

I had booked 7 flights ex/to LGW for this year and have, in the last 2 days, had 5 of them changed by as much as 6 hours.

Also had 1 Monarch flight changed by 40 mins.

Whats going on. These slots are sorted a year plus ahead.

Be re evaluating Norwegian as a choice next year.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

If they're making changes to their schedules from LGW it is likely to affect most of their flights from there.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,823 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

"These slots are sorted a year plus ahead." - Whilst slots at an airport might be sorted well in advance I don't think this applies to specific departure times - to be honest I don't think I've taken a flight in the past 5 years where there has not been a schedule change between booking and flying although in most cases it's a matter of minutes rather than hours.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,744 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

There are two sorts of slots involved - takeoff/landing slots for particular airports, and the cross-Europe ATC slots that Norwegian and Monarch (amongst many others) need for their seasonal sunshine routes, as opposed to the year round services which do have permanent slots. There's a European ATC slot allocation conference for summer seasonal services each February, and that's when times are finalised for the coming summer. Anything you see or even book before that is subject to alteration, but airlines and package tour companies advertise summer flights well over a year in advance, covered by their small print conditions that nobody reads.

Surrrey
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

Andy

That explains it. They just had their timetable meetings and this is the result.

I work sort of on railway planning and believe or not its far more robust than this, its done a year and a half out

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

I think my family and I are on one of those flights. Gatwick to Split this summer. Changing from 12.45 to 18.00. We paid £840 on day of release and now alternatives cost £1400. We are arriving at Gatwick from Jersey, so this change means 9 hours at Gatwick with 2 kids, and arriving at our destination at 1am and not 7pm.

We asked to delay accepting to give us more time to see if prices do come down on other airlines and they sent us an email saying we are getting a refund. So now have no fight at all with prices going up all the time. I have said via email that I have not asked to be refunded and to be reinstated, but I'm not very hopeful.

Any advice welcome.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

Book new flights. You must know you can't delay a decision so you can spend time watching flight prices, not for any meaningful period.

Call them, if they won't reinstate, which it doubt they will, you will need to book new flights if you want to fly. The closer you get to date of travel,the higher the price gets normally.

7. Re: Norwegian time changes LGW Whats going on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:15