We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 02:11
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,893 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

Was in the terminal the other day but didn't use the Sky Club. I believe it's been renovated recently. In general, Delta lounges are better than being in the terminal but they will be busy. This one does have showers. Probably worth the money given your situation. It is inside security. I would not think that you would have to wait until three hours before the flight to checkin.

If you're arriving Air New Zealand, any reason you aren't staying within Star Alliance and using UA? In any case, even though Delta is outside the alliance you SHOULD be able to talk the gate agent in Auckland to check your bags through to SJO. If not, you can try to do that in the international arrival hall after customs. That may or may not work. If you have to take your bags to T5, two hours is probably not enough with immigration and customs time.

If you decide to not do the lounge, there are some reasonably decent food options in T5.

Good luck.

2. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
858 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

I've travelled through LAX a few times and always walk (T6 & T2)if just for some fresh air after a 12 hour flight! Of course if you have luggage that may be a bit more tricky but if it is checked through then walk for sure.

4. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

Since LAX is your entry point of arrival in the states, you will have to claim the bags there but typically they will be tagged to your final destination. There is always a place to 're-check' the tagged bags after customs. But I guess the question is whether the bags could be tagged all the way to SJO given the length of your layover.

It seems to me that I've had just as long of a layover and the bags were tagged onward. So that would certainly simplify your layover if you only have to deal with carryon. I would call the airline and see what they say. And you may even be able to have your boarding pass in hand or you could do online check in from the Sky Club, print it out and you are checked in and ready to go.

6. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

From time to time I've been in various lounges usually because I was flying international business. They are nice and will give you a nice quiet getaway. I actually am planning to use the Delta Sky Club at JFK in a little over a week as I have a 4 hour layover on my way to Amsterdam then Uganda. I already bought my pass and am looking forward to just stopping by for an hour or so, get a drink and relax.

8. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX

FYI--the LAX club will be testing new complimentary food options. I disliked both the 3 bean chili w/corn and the tortilla wrap sandwiches were horrid [at DTW club]--gummy w/slimy lettuce.

For day pass, I believe you just buy at desk. See if you can search for a promo code--worth a try to find out. Shower facilities are quite nice after long haul flts.

10. Re: Delta Sky Lounge day pass for LAX