We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Hi all!

Just wondering if someone could confirm all delta transatlantic flights now have usb ports in all seats in economy? I know it says so on their website but I've been stung by that before when an airline has said something on their site and its not been the case when I got on!

Thanks!

Helen

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Delta has been upgrading their seats on all long haul planes and if they posted that all do have usb, then I would guess they have finished all their transatlantic fleet.

But as Delta has lots of transatlantic flights, you might let us know which route you are flying/planning to fly, then folks who have flown that route can give you feedback.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Helen, would it change whether or not you fly with them?

For me, I tend to plan for having one (USB cables in my carry-on), and not having one (fully-charged devices before take-off, power save mode enabled, and possibly a laptop that I can charge from). If I get one that is working, then I'm golden, and if it's not there or not working, then I'm not stuck.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Thanks for both your responses!

MrCycling i'm travelling Paris - Atlanta

TravellingBritNY - no it wouldn't stop me flying with them, of course, but i find i have the attention span of a gnat on flights and get bored of the usual in flight entertainment. Knowing ahead of time there's somewhere i can keep my phone charged up means i can load it with all my favoutite TV shows and not get (as) bored!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Oh I definitely see the benefits, and have used them many times! Just saying that you should plan on there not being one and if there is, then it's a bonus! Equipment changes and non-functioning seat outlets can mean you don't have one, so don't rely on it, is what I'm saying, then you won't go mad with boredom :-)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

You need to check which carrier is operating the flight - there are Delta Non stop services from CDG to ATL but Delta also codeshare with Air France who have non stop services on this route as well.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Even if they do have them they don't always work. (i watched a man beside me spend about an hour trying to make either mine or his work on a flight a few weeks ago)

Always try to have everything charged up before you board.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

If you are worried about your devices' batteries running out on a flight, a decent backup plan is a USB charger. Duracell make one, for example (I'm not endorsing that brand specifically) for less than $20 (and presumably available in the UK) that they claim will provide a rechargeable source of power that can give you hours more use of your device, when used.

If having devices charged is important, then it might be worth carrying one or more of these in your carry-on.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

Thanks everyone for all your advice, i'm going to buy some spare batteries to keep me fully charged for the trip, it would be just my luck to get a seat where the port didn't work!

9. Re: Transatlantic Delta Flights - USB ports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19