We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please for connecting AF flights at CDG

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please for connecting AF flights at CDG

I last travelled through CDG in 2001 and it was a nightmare experience, with confusing signage, lost baggage, getting mixed up with the shuttles to the terminals (this was my own fault) etc and I have carefully avoided the airport ever since. However that was many years ago and things must surely have improved. In my forum searches I found many references to a website easycdg.com for practical information, but it doesn't seem to work, so I would be very grateful for any advice.

I'm considering a very good deal with Air France which involves transitting through CDG. The itinerary Air France is suggesting has a connecting time of 1 hour and 20 minutes between the various flights (outward and return journeys), they're all in the Schengen area and all arrivals/departures are from Terminal 2F. I'd only have cabin baggage, and would have my boarding cards. Does this look feasible or is the connecting time too tight? I'm also assuming that transit passengers would not have to go through security again but just go to the boarding gate, is this right?

Thank you.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please for connecting AF flights at CDG

That connection is doable if your incoming flight is not delayed. I try to avoid CDG if possible. I connected through CDG last year, a few times in 2012 and quite a bit between 2004 and 2011. I think it's confusing and my connections - regardless of where I am trying to go - are always so far apart.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
664 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please for connecting AF flights at CDG

If all flights are within the same terminal, it is doable. It is best you hold carry-on! They messed up a couple times when involving different terminals and flights in and out of Schengen...

3. Re: Advice please for connecting AF flights at CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 05:28