We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

We are flying from Sydney to LA - Virgin, then then to Vancouver - Air Canada, all on one ticket. I see that there is an additional charge for luggage - charged by Air Canada.

It's my understanding that our luggage will be checked through to Vancouver, and we will just transfer ourselves over to Air Canada, or do I have it all stuffed up?

My question is how or when do we pay for the extra luggage charge, if at all?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

$3.10? You must have had a Faresaver ticket. Did you go over to the 7-Eleven in Domestic to buy a booklet? No addfare with those. Cash/CC single fare at certain times is $3.50, other times is $2.75 + $5 addfare only into the city.

Calgary's usual cash transit fare is $3. From the airport is $8.50. <cough> :-))

Editted to add: Grahame posted. The Faresavers are going to die with the new Compass Card. It will have the add fare built in when leaving the airport.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 22:19
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

Hmmm... My future has a lot of travel between the airport and the Horseshoe Bay terminal. I'll have to add that in.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

HB terminal? Really? Are you going to resuscitate travellers collapsing from having to pay the brand new higher ferry fares? lol.

If you really mean Namaimo, fly Harbour Air from South Terminal. Full 23 kg permitted. Otherwise, yikes! 1.5 hours to HB on transit, only one transfer.

14. Re: Luggage charges - LA to Vanvouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:15