We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

This is my first international flight. We are flying via Aeroflot to Rome from the U.S. in May this year. I've been reading many blogs and websites to educate me on this trip. It seems that the best way is to pack light and use your carry-on for your main luggage (at least it sounds reasonable). Aeroflot's carry-on rule is 22 lbs (10 kg) and size is 21.7 x 15.7 x 7.8 inches (115 cm (55×40×20). I've been able to find a few rolling bags for that size, but many are either (20x14x9). Although it's an inch off in width, I was wondering how strict Aeroflot is on that. And do many travelers usually adhere to the carry-on when traveling in Italy? I'd hate to get my luggage lost as many of my friends have told me that happens to checked in luggage and I haven't bought my luggage yet.

Also, if you bring a carry-on, is a backpack allowed to as your purse or do they consider that a carry-on luggage. I'd like to do the carry-on and a smaller backpack and hope that will suffice. Any thoughts on strict rules will be helpful.

Also, I spoke to Booking.com who booked my tickets said their carry on was 7 kg max, but that was different than the Aeroflot website. I'm sure the airlines is more accurate. I just want to the right stuff and have the least hassle before we go, as do many others as well.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

Always count on them sticking to their posted regulations. Anyone else's experience isn't relevant, as the agents don't always follow their own airline's rules.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

"I was wondering how strict Aeroflot is on that...... Any thoughts on strict rules will be helpful."

Follow the rule - dont' wonder if they are strict. One day the Gate Agent may let you slide and the next Gate Agent may not. If you follwo the rule, then you don't have to worry about it.

"I'd hate to get my luggage lost as many of my friends have told me that happens to checked in luggage and I haven't bought my luggage yet."

I've flown overseas at least 30 tiumes and only had my luggage DELAYED one time. LOST means it never turns up again in your lifetime. Delays happen so don't worry - it's inconveneint but not life threateneing.

Have a great time and try not to worry about delayed baggage~

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

Thank you both. I'm guess I'm weighing it too much on stress. Good tips and I appreciate it.

4. Re: Aeroflot baggage requirements (strict or not?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:16